12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
New Years Storm System, Dec 30th - Jan 2nd

northpittweather

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

like actual BUFKIT files to load into the program, or the generated meteogram things?

I know you can go here, and select a site, and click visualize data: http://www.meteor.ia...data/index.html

Thanks.. I was looking for the link for the table of hourly values (http://www.meteor.iastate.edu/~ckarsten/bufkit/data/cobb_nam/nam_kgfk.dat) but that meteogram product is great! Thanks again..

That gradient map reminds me of a storm several years back that hit the Dakotas. I have a screenshot of it somewhere, in one county you had a tornado warning and the county to its west had a blizzard warning. And this continued as the system pushed east.

11/30/06 comes to mind when I hear that, I believe there was a county in MO that was under both a tornado warning and blizzard warning.

Getting ready for a good event here in southern Manitoba. First band of snow looks to develop Wednesday night and continue through much of Thursday before winding down in the evening. GFS and ECMWF have come into good agreement regarding amounts. Could see between 10 and 20cm here by Thursday night with blizzard conditions possible.

Tricky call regarding precipitation with the second low. I would guess between 5 and 10cm by New Year's morning. There's a lot of big events going on around here for New Years (like everywhere else) and it's going to cause some major travel headaches.

Look forward to posting with you guys a lot more in the future. Great board here!

Almost a 50 degree difference across Iowa late Friday afternoon. It will be in the lower 50s near DVN, and only around 5 at Sioux City. The temp crash will be interesting, but other than that this is more like a November storm. Most of us won't even get flurries at the end of this. I feel bad for areas that haven't picked up much snow so far this season, as it sure looks very quiet after this storm.

Archived