Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Western PA/Pittsburgh Winter 2021/22 Discussion

meatwad

5 minutes ago, MikeB_01 said:

We're fine. Remember, 48 hours out. Wobble baby wobble baby. We know the model doesn't have it perfect at this point. Still a lot of time to figure out the complexities of this system and figure out the exact placement and length of that dry slot. We are alright. 

This doesn’t seem wobbles though.  Feels like getting the dry slot or hours of mixing issues across the region.  If it was only wobbling between snow totals I’d think it be less stressful.

Just now, MikeB_01 said:

Some good news on the GFS. 

I was looking at some of the moisture profiles at the different levels of the atmosphere. The dry slot is showing up, but the atmosphere is still pretty saturated. Easy to overcome 

That’s my confusion.  It’s saturated on all the models, but this dry slot is appearing.

Just now, Ahoff said:

This doesn’t seem wobbles though.  Feels like getting the dry slot or hours of mixing issues across the region.  If it was only wobbling between snow totals I’d think it be less stressful.

GFS had no mixing issue. We have definitely seen the placement of the dry slot and the deform band move around a little today. The NAM took the deform band from us to Cleveland in four runs today. Can easily come on back

9 minutes ago, MikeB_01 said:

GFS had no mixing issue. We have definitely seen the placement of the dry slot and the deform band move around a little today. The NAM took the deform band from us to Cleveland in four runs today. Can easily come on back

Aren’t we getting to the point where models like GFS and Euro shouldn’t be used and we turn to the short range models.

• Like 1

So dry slot huh. Maybe we get suprise and thr low is either further west or east and it misses us.My parents just told be careful tomorrow news is predicting 12 inches. 

Also if we wanna be positive Bernie just tweeted that nothing has changed and the upper low is still in the same place fwiw.