Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Western PA/Pittsburgh Winter 2021/22 Discussion

meatwad

10 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Glass half full. The NAM still gets damn near double digits in Pittsburgh. If this is the “worst case scenario”, I’d take the 8” it gives us and run with it.

They shouldn’t have upgraded it. I want the old nam. On the other hand how did it give us 6+ when we’re in a dry slot for 6 hours of the height of the storm haha 

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I missed anyone rooting bad for you guys on our forum.  I was trying to talk kpitt down off the ledge.  The deform band just missed you on the nam.

Kpit will poo poo this to double digits. It’s why we love him :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Hey I’m not the one that said CPA folks were rooting against us. 

All good man just kidding around. Don’t sweat the nam too much. It’s been a fun track and we’re in as good of a spot as anyone for this. 

2 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Lol of course. I will say that the NAM is very much on its own. 

I mean is it overamped and forcing the upper low further west than it really will end up being??? or is the NAM sniffing something out that other models don't see? Two wildly different scenarios between the NAM and RGEM.

Just now, RitualOfTheTrout said:

:facepalm:

How many times the NAM has given false hope on a positive outcome, if it scores a coop on that extreme dryslot solution.... I say we DDOS the super computer it runs on lol

Wouldn’t take much, the computer must be prehistoric with as slow as it loads.

Just now, RitualOfTheTrout said:

:facepalm:

How many times the NAM has given false hope on a positive outcome, if it scores a coop on that extreme dryslot solution.... I say we DDOS the super computer it runs on lol

I can recall multiple storms over the years show huge totals with 48 hrs out because it was the most NW and the storm ends up sliding underneath. I'm hoping the NAM is just doing NAM things.