• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Western PA/Pittsburgh Winter 2021/22 Discussion

meatwad

Watching the weather channel now. I miss how the extended forecast used to have that BIG snowflake when it was going to snow. The extended now just says pm snow showers lol. 

image.jpeg.4d2124b1c8dc805e68aacb7800da355c.jpeg
That’s when you new a big storm was coming
I haven't used it for a long time, but someone created an emulator for those particular graphics from TWC. I miss those old primitive graphics. I think it was weatherstar 4000 maybe. You can Google the emulator and download it for nostalgia purposes.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, blackngoldrules said:

I haven't used it for a long time, but someone created an emulator for those particular graphics from TWC. I miss those old primitive graphics. I think it was weatherstar 4000 maybe. You can Google the emulator and download it for nostalgia purposes.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

555DC856-0619-4ED7-886D-F0B832E1326C.thumb.jpeg.d00a818a90cd59d10be3775c3fda9a6d.jpeg

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

Euro is like 8 or 9 A lot of possibilities right now. 

A little better than 00z though, appears this run it's killing off the secondary low a little faster so less influence of the dryslot. Amounts fall right into the 8-12 in range too.

I still can't believe what a long track this storm has been,usually we see a storm 5-6 days out and it looks good for a day or two then it's gone or its waffling all over and we sweat bullets until the first flakes fall. At least for me, right now, this is one of the more enjoyable storms, we have some wiggle room, the tracking has been satisfying, and it looks to stay cold after the storm. Obviously nothing has actually happened yet so not trying to spike any footballs but just a reminder, don't forget to take a step back from the computer screen and just enjoy the moment. The time leading up to storm almost has a special aura about it, like Christmas Eve as a kid or something.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

A little better than 00z though, appears this run it's killing off the secondary low a little faster so less influence of the dryslot. Amounts fall right into the 8-12 in range too.

I still can't believe what a long track this storm has been,usually we see a storm 5-6 days out and it looks good for a day or two then it's gone or its waffling all over and we sweat bullets until the first flakes fall. At least for me, right now, this is one of the more enjoyable storms, we have some wiggle room, the tracking has been satisfying, and it looks to stay cold after the storm. Obviously nothing has actually happened yet so not trying to spike any footballs but just a reminder, don't forget to take a step back from the computer screen and just enjoy the moment. The time leading up to storm almost has a special aura about it, like Christmas Eve as a kid or something.

I agree gotta enjoy it. I'm excited for hopefully some 1-2 inch rates possibly.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

Nice bullseye over your house :) 

3 minutes ago, Burghblizz said:

If you are looking for a trend, it’s snowier than 12Z. Fills in a wider swath of 6”+ and gets that 12+ tail closer from the NW.

Sure, Its the worst model for us still, but it’s better than it was.

Without question, it’s a trend in the right direction. It was like the only model where Allegheny county wasn’t purple, and no longer holds that distinction.

6 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Don’t get me wrong it’s a mess and I don’t have any faith it evolves that way, but by the time precip wraps up Monday afternoon we have 8” of snow.

It's a good trend from the NAM that's all I see it as. If the GFS, euro, rgem start trending towards it then I'd start to worry more.