Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Western PA/Pittsburgh Winter 2021/22 Discussion

meatwad

48 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Well, I didn't even realize we had a potential storm until now because I've been so focused on the Ukraine disaster.

Now that I am here though, I guarantee that means it won't be a storm!

Yeah, count on the 0z NAM, where it’s still 39 at 12z Saturday, coming to fruition. LOL

I’m pretty much right at 1100 feet and it’s sticking to the grass and even somewhat on my driveway (near the edges and not efficiently) with this heavier burst.

Edit: heavy snow, big flakes sticking to everything to some degree or another.

3 minutes ago, north pgh said:

I think it’s funny how we have people arguing over models and storms all winter for a difference of a couple of inches but we we get heavy snow for an hour and it is quiet in here. 

HRRR never switches now all snow. I don't know what to believe 

3 minutes ago, TimB said:

Can’t see a ton more accumulation now that the heavy band has pivoted north, as rates decrease and the sun gets higher in the sky, but this is a great sneaky little event.

Not so fast. That first band was great but it looks like several more may be developing south and heading north. I think we can still pick up a couple inches this morning before it tapers off this afternoon. 

2 minutes ago, north pgh said:

Not so fast. That first band was great but it looks like several more may be developing south and heading north. I think we can still pick up a couple inches this morning before it tapers off this afternoon. 

Ah, I was using the NWS radar as a gauge. That’s a mistake lol.

10 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

I thought winter ended on 2/6?  :whistle:

Yep, just like last summer wasn’t going to have any 90 degree days. We all talk out our ass every now and again.

In reality, with this event overperforming and if we can bring Saturday home, that’s all we need to salvage a decent winter out of what has been a train wreck at times.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TimB said:

Yep, just like last summer wasn’t going to have any 90 degree days. We all talk out our ass every now and again.

In reality, with this event overperforming and if we can bring Saturday home, that’s all we need to salvage a decent winter out of what has been a train wreck at times.

The issue is there are our overperformers…when ever we have a 4-8 inch or 8-12 forecast they almost always underperform. 

Changed to snow here around 645am and the grass is covered and still snowing fairly good.

Sneaky few inches I think. Great surprise. I’m not holding out hope for Saturday, but after that it looks pretty consistently in the 50-60 degrees for a pivot to spring.

1 hour ago, north pgh said:

This is a reverse bust by Forecasters this morning. Rain showers mixed with snow showers is being replaced by moderate to heavy snow right now. 

When I left for work this morning it was raining... Forecast called for mainly rain. It was like 32-33 at the surface and I figured great another cold rain event. Paid no attention to the outside until I overheard people at work talking about all the snow and I wasn't expecting this today talk so I run over to the window like a little kid to see the snow coming down. lol

This is why you can't ever sleep on March for a surprise snowfall or two.