Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

3 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The other day Judah was trying to tell me that December was going to be at least +3 in the NE because, like George, he is hyperventilating over the PV not doing back flips. I simply replied, "no it isn't". lol

We've got new climo normals as well. CON gained 1.5F in Dec so a +3.0F last year becomes a +1.5F this year...which is in your favor.

The Boys in the Boat is a tremendous book about the University of Washington crew team that represented us at the Berlin Olympics of 1936.

The author writes about the crippling blizzards that were hitting Seattle at that time. I was a bit incredulous, as I haven't seen that in my years as a weather nerd...but we might see that in early December?

• Like 1

GFS ensemble 500mb trends for Sunday PM...stronger ridging towards Greenland, western ridge axis shifting slightly farther west & the "50/50 low" lifting out a bit quicker give the shortwave room to breathe near the Northeast US. Perhaps some clipper-gone-coast potential here... https://t.co/udm7Sl4tIP

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

Why do we even look at any models over 300 hours? I'm guilty of it but it's going to change.

It’s an ensemble and a 500mb look. That’s different then looking at it from a deterministic point of view like finding low pressure giving you snow. 
It’s basically a weenie lobe near AK that went wild, but it’s possible.