• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Into Winter!

14 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Of course it did. I can't believe how awful the models are. They waffle all over the place.

This is sort of like saying the regular NFL refs are sooooo much better than the replacement Refs during the strike a few years back. The reality is...not so much. ;)

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Lol yeah... National Blend of Models. I had to Google to see what it was. I've seen the NWS discussions citing it quite a bit the past few years. Apparently it's a melting pot of all the various operational and ensembles but I'm not sure what the weighting system is. The latest version 4.0 from October 2020 now includes the Euro and EPS.

https://luckgrib.com/models/nbm_conus/

@BuffaloWeather

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Lol yeah... National Blend of Models. I had to Google to see what it was. I've seen the NWS discussions citing it quite a bit the past few years. Apparently it's a melting pot of all the various operational and ensembles but I'm not sure what the weighting system is. The latest version 4.0 from October 2020 now includes the Euro and EPS.

https://luckgrib.com/models/nbm_conus/

Man, you're fast. Looking like a 2 to 4 inch snowfall for Buffalo to Rochester crew and 1 to 2 inches of icy mix/snow for Jamestown to Syracuse to Herkimer. Hopefully it gets pushed farther south and flatter. As we know this season, these systems have not followed the direct paths the models predict. Tuesday was supposed to be a snowy day here along Interstate 80 in PA and it ended up hitting farther south between the turnpike and Mason Dixon line in Southern PA.

• Like 1