Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Cold Season Thread 2021/2022

PhineasC

41 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Paste show at 1500ft.

There’s definitely some paste love at this stage, and kudos to this system for what it’s put into the base already – data from our site indicates a half inch of L.E. thus far down here in the valley.  If this snowfall gradually dries out in typical storm cycle fashion, we know what that means.

RightSideUp.jpg.b6ea65ce7e90944caf377e0f0ac88e4d.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, alex said:

Haha yes that’s a great analogy. Lights are flickering though eek. 

Out of curiosity, how are things around Stowe? Which areas have accumulation?

We just started ripping at 750ft but it's elevation dependent.  Most above 1,200ft on both sides of town seem to have a couple inches so far from what I've seen posted.  My experience is always from the ski area down towards town and I'm right near the Stowe Country Club golf course.  The eastern side of town is pretty snowy too up against the Worecesters but I'm partial to the Spine axis.

Anyway, can see the yellow moderate echoes showing up and drifting south of the "M" in Morrisville into this area.  Would explain the real uptick in snowfall now at home.

1186846994_Nov26730pm.gif.db65b967f5b3fa664c9d2343be34254e.gif

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, alex said:

My son is 7 too! I don’t supposed you signed yours up for ski team? They’d be in together!

We really thought about it but she is a very free spirit. She quits stuff once the instructor tells her she is amazing and needs to practice 5 days a week to become a great. LOL

Gymnastics, softball, guitar, martial arts, and probably skiing next.

She would be the perfect ski bum GF, honestly. Live in an RV next to the ski place. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, J.Spin said:

There’s definitely some paste love at this stage, and kudos to this system for what it’s put into the base already – data from our site indicates a half inch of L.E. thus far down here in the valley.  If this snowfall gradually dries out in typical storm cycle fashion, we know what that means.

RightSideUp.jpg.b6ea65ce7e90944caf377e0f0ac88e4d.jpg

Just sing this and move those hips around as you dust off the board. All about that base, none of that fake treble.

• Like 1

Event totals: 7.1” Snow/1.09” L.E.

This morning’s snow certainly seemed like upslope precipitation, and the radar had that look.  The density speaks to its nature, so Coastal got the treble he needed.  We’re partly cloudy with some flurries out there now, so if this storm is over, we certainly ended up in the 5-10” range that was in our BTV NWS forecast.  There are some echoes building off to the west on the radar, so we’ll see if they have any precipitation that makes it over this way.

Details from the 12:00 P.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 0.9 inches

New Liquid: 0.03 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 30.0

Snow Density: 3.3% H2O

Temperature: 27.9 F

Sky: Flurries/Partly Cloudy

Snow at the stake: 6.0 inches