• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    seodirect
    Newest Member
    seodirect
Central PA - Fall 2021

We are about to get hit here in Williamsport.  We have had a bit of rain and some lightening and thunder.  The radar map shows the green that we have been under will be replaced by red, orange and yellow coming down from the north.  Wunderground keeps changing the amounts. It had us at I think .13 rain tonight around 6:30p; 20 minutes ago it was 1.23; now it is calling for .51 of rain.  We will see.

image.png.e7cae49976e98075239181ae03c55449.png

18 minutes ago, Voyager said:

That radar presentation looks quite interesting. Will it get to Tamaqua or will it miss to the north. That's my $64 question this evening. As for today, we got up to 85.3 for the high.

My $64 question is how you learned enough Fortan computer programming language to take over all of our models and heat miser half of Sept?  Driving water to Pillow my a$$!  You are a hacker, heat miser. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

My $64 question is how you learned enough Fortan computer programming language to take over all of our models and heat miser half of Sept?  Driving water to Pillow my a$$!  You are a hacker, heat miser. 

18z GFS says we take our fall back well before the month is up.

42 minutes ago, canderson said:

Looks like you’ll get a portion of it. 

I got A LOT of it. Wind anyway. First big gust knocked out the power so I don't know how high my winds are/were. Garbage cans, hanging plants, and what not went flying as well. Didn't see any cows, but then again, it's pitch black...

• Like 1

From my Facebook post... 

Just took a short ride around Tamaqua. Big tree down in the 400 block of Pine Street (cleared enough for traffic to get through) now though. South ward is an absolute mess. Power pole and wires down by the football stadium. Tree on a car on Penn Street. East end, some big branches down in spots. Basically the town is a mess. I'm not sure what blew through here, but it sure was intense. First big gust killed the power instantly.

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, canderson said:

Sounds like a microburst. 

Sad part I'd I'll never know what my high wind gust was. The weather station console does not have a battery backup. If I were to guess by the damage, 60 to 70 mph.

It was strong enough to blow a motorcycle hauler trailer out of the dealership parking lot and into the street.

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

I was at 82 at 7:45pm. it was very muggy. 

Looking ahead a little, Saturday through next week looks spectacular. I see some PTO days in my near future :drunk:

Ended up getting down to 65 overnight which surprised me - I was thinking I'd post another 70 degree low. Must have gotten some cooling from the storms that passed by to my NE. 

• Like 1