Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    16,972
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    robrofox
    Newest Member
    robrofox
    Joined

Central PA - Fall 2021


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, TimB84 said:

To a certain extent, I agree, except never-ending summer temps in September and October make me angry and irritable, and getting below normal temps in September and October doesn’t make it any less likely that we’ll get them in winter. Just like flipping a coin and it landing heads doesn’t make it any more or less likely that the next flip lands heads.

Agreed.  I'd take the - departures for Sept/Oct and just see how things evolve.  W/ ENSO looking neutralish in da means, it may just pave the way for a nice ride into winter.  I like frontloaded winters anyway, so I'll root it on and see where things end up.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Agreed.  I'd take the - departures for Sept/Oct and just see how things evolve.  W/ ENSO looking neutralish in da means, it may just pave the way for a nice ride into winter.  I like frontloaded winters anyway, so I'll root it on and see where things end up.  

Yep...let's get it cranking while we maximize the low sun angle. 

It's pack retention...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yep...let's get it cranking while we maximize the low sun angle. 

It's pack retention...

I was gonna bring that up, but figured most in here know that by now....and didnt want to start a MA forum like debate....:P

 

Pack retention...absolutely.  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Some 30's mixed in there.  Pillow might be close.

image.png.e5acb026321dbf1772efe7337e405eba.png

 

I was up north this past weekend and met some folks at one of the establishments, and during barside banter when i asked where they are from, they said them went thru a town called "Pillow" to get there.   

I internally chuckled...

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

I was up north this past weekend and met some folks at one of the establishments, and during barside banter when i asked where they are from, they said them went thru a town called "Pillow" to get there.   

I internally chuckled...

Were ya at The Log Cabin Inn?  Or perhaps the Wonder Bar in Galeton?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

Agreed.  I'd take the - departures for Sept/Oct and just see how things evolve.  W/ ENSO looking neutralish in da means, it may just pave the way for a nice ride into winter.  I like frontloaded winters anyway, so I'll root it on and see where things end up.  

I'll take December 5th, for $10 please

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Were ya at The Log Cabin Inn?  Or perhaps the Wonder Bar in Galeton?

Log cabin was not open (when we went by-but still "open"). Wonderbar is for sale.....Burnin barrel still great food, but SLOOOWWWW service.  Coach stop inn was where we ended up.  Worst meal I've had there in some time....like i'm scared to go back.

They all are struggling to get/keep help. I consider it First World probs....so, we order an extra beer and roll w/ it.  

Hope this free money-pay for vote stuff ends soon.  We've had multiple positions open....and in last 2 weeks here at work, we've started to see a surge, but they are concerned at hiring because they know many have been riding the free train as long as they can, and our "post covid" work environ is lean and mean. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

yeah next week looks warmish.  I dare say parsing over GFS, that the relentless warmth in the midwest makes me a bit "on edge" both literally and figuratively.  

MDT is making a run for 40's tomorrow night.  First thing first :-). Doubt they make it but think many here do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

MDT is making a run for 40's tomorrow night.  First thing first :-). Doubt they make it but think many here do. 

Absolutely.  As I stated previously, I'm down w/ what Sept. has thrown at us so far, but I just see potential for big swings in temps dependent on where that big red blob may move as seasons start to change.  It's been a rather stable feature, and hopefully some early autumnal frontal boundaries suppress it and any WAR is minimal so that we dont have a train of warm n muggies headed our way like we've seen a couple times this year.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Absolutely.  As I stated previously, I'm down w/ what Sept. has thrown at us so far, but I just see potential for big swings in temps dependent on where that big red blob may move as seasons start to change.  It's been a rather stable feature, and hopefully some early autumnal frontal boundaries suppress it and any WAR is minimal so that we dont have a train of warm n muggies headed our way like we've seen a couple times this year.  

Let's do it and get a COLD October.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Absolutely.  As I stated previously, I'm down w/ what Sept. has thrown at us so far, but I just see potential for big swings in temps dependent on where that big red blob may move as seasons start to change.  It's been a rather stable feature, and hopefully some early autumnal frontal boundaries suppress it and any WAR is minimal so that we dont have a train of warm n muggies headed our way like we've seen a couple times this year.  

GFS holding strong with sending some lower temps and DP's our way after Wed.  Going to be an interesting run as to where Sept lies with departures as I figure we are in the -3 or -4 area going into next week and then that will be punched by 3 days with +5-10 Departures. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...