• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

@Bubbler86, it doesn’t look like the ridiculous temperatures the GFS was showing for the middle of the country this weekend are going to be that far off. May only be like 10 degrees less than the maps we looked at the other day. I would say it’s handling the magnitude of the anomalous heat better than I thought.

18 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

@Bubbler86, it doesn’t look like the ridiculous temperatures the GFS was showing for the middle of the country this weekend are going to be that far off. May only be like 10 degrees less than the maps we looked at the other day. I would say it’s handling the magnitude of the anomalous heat better than I thought.

Its definitely been a bit more consistent than the EC for the time frame of this weekend and next week.   Its move the warm temps north and south of us a few times but out there its kept them on most runs. 

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Its definitely been a bit more consistent than the EC for the time frame of this weekend and next week.   Its move the warm temps north and south of us a few times but out there its kept them on most runs. 

Yeah, I’m done watching the GFS or other models for quite some time. Makes me want to move north, but those 60s dewpoints and ugly weather go clear up to northern Ontario. No light at the end of the tunnel. Disgusting.

7 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am still of the opinion that its early for real "fall weather".  I was and am still hoping for a negative departure month though.  That is still up in the air.  Probably a positive by about 2-3  degrees as we hit Sept 20th (using GFS data.)  MDT wise the normal is still in the upper 70's on Sept 20. 

Exactly, normal temps don’t drop to ideal Fall conditions until early October.

4 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Exactly, normal temps don’t drop to ideal Fall conditions until early October.

I’m not asking for ideal fall conditions, I’m asking for highs in the 70s with lower humidity than August, like September is supposed to be. Not days upon days of 80s with high humidity like we’re in for. I wish we didn’t get this slight, brief taste of fall the end of last week and the end of this week, now the upcoming heat wave is going to suck even more.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I’m not asking for ideal fall conditions, I’m asking for highs in the 70s with lower humidity than August, like September is supposed to be. Not days upon days of 80s with high humidity like we’re in for. I wish we didn’t get this slight, brief taste of fall the end of last week and the end of this week, now the upcoming heat wave is going to suck even more.

As the great @pasnownut said a few weeks back on here, at least the days of heat are numbered at this time of year.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

23 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Picked up .04" this afternoon. 

I've been mowing twice a week for some time now. 

I could mow twice a week for the exercise and to wean down my overly full gas can.    I have only mowed the full lawn about 10 times since June 1.  Some partial mows in between and a couple weeks with no mows.  I way over purchased on gas. 

32 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I could mow twice a week for the exercise and to wean down my overly full gas can.    I have only mowed the full lawn about 10 times since June 1.  Some partial mows in between and a couple weeks with no mows.  I way over purchased on gas. 

That's pretty incredible. 

Pretty good game so far...