• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Grillo
    Newest Member
    Grillo
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Made it up to 61 today after bottoming out at 46.  The sun was out pretty much all day except for late this afternoon, when it started clouding up.

Currently 60 and mostly cloudy with dp 50.

SPC SWDY2 has the SE part of the CWA under a marginal risk for severe with the rest of the area penciled in for some T-storms.

• Weenie 1

9 hours ago, JTA66 said:

PLEASE, no accumulating snow before Thanksgiving. That usually signals a dead ratter of a winter is on the way.

I've given up on this theory. There are years we received "jack" before Thanksgiving and received "jack" during winter. I'll take Nov snow when possible...rather take Nov snow than useless late March/April snow which you know the sun will fry the next day if it even sticks at all.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

Bottomed out a little warmer this morning at 50 and had an initial narrow ban of showers come through from SW to NE between 7:30 am - 8 am depositing 0.01".  Had gone out early this  morning to the supermarket and ran into it on my way home.  It definitely had a "fall" feel out there in terms of the chilly breeze.

Currently the overcast is starting to clear and temp is 52 with dp 47. Awaiting round 2.

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Read my mind. Changing my car oil/filter...54F/wind/dark clouds/mist and leaves falling and blowing around. I'll take this any day over 80F, high DPs and sunny.

Agree.

On an unrelated note, I think I'll have to get up on a ladder tomorrow and see if there's something blocking my rain gauge. It's only recorded .06" today, and I know we've gotten more than that.

Still not sure what's going on with my gauge, but now it's reading 0.83". Maybe there was some wind-blown debris in there that got blown out. My electric smoker got caught in a gust of wind and blew half way across my deck, something that hasn't happened in the year that we've been here. Bungies to the rescue!

image.thumb.png.c48f2cebca3c89a9e2c5431084ae2c15.png

2 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

Still not sure what's going on with my gauge, but now it's reading 0.83". Maybe there was some wind-blown debris in there that got blown out. My electric smoker got caught in a gust of wind and blew half way across my deck, something that hasn't happened in the year that we've been here. Bungies to the rescue!

image.thumb.png.c48f2cebca3c89a9e2c5431084ae2c15.png

Locking wheels would be ideal.

Wind has just about shut off completely. Window open and not even a breeze. Maybe a couple showers overnight.

54F

sh.jpg