Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    16,895
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Classbravo
    Newest Member
    Classbravo
    Joined

Central PA - Summer 2021


Recommended Posts

Okay boys, I'm ready for what's about to come my way......here we go -- Key Light all the way! bahahahaha......Seriously though if I'm outside at a party, pool, tailgate, boat, etc. it's light beer all the way for me -- Miller, Coors, or Key.  Now, I do enjoy a good lager or pale ale from time to time but nothing overly hoppy or fruity or hazy or dark or anything for that matter, just a good crisp plain beer.  With all that said, I'm more of a whiskey guy.  Whiskey'n'ginger has been my drink of choice for at least 15 years now, and I do love me a good 'ol fashioned or Manhattan.  In fact , all this talk and pap may just have to go get the Bullet Rye tehe.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Okay boys, I'm ready for what's about to come my way......here we go -- Key Light all the way! bahahahaha......Seriously though if I'm outside at a party, pool, tailgate, boat, etc. it's light beer all the way for me -- Miller, Coors, or Key.  Now, I do enjoy a good lager or pale ale from time to time but nothing overly hoppy or fruity or hazy or dark or anything for that matter, just a good crisp plain beer.  With all that said, I'm more of a whiskey guy.  Whiskey'n'ginger has been my drink of choice for at least 15 years now, and I do love me a good 'ol fashioned or Manhattan.  In fact , all this talk and pap may just have to go get the Bullet Rye tehe.

Sometimes the budget demands what the budget demands.  Key Light is decent for talking, sips in between,  and not getting plastered.  With that said I always appreciate when I see someone bring out a Schlitz.  A good classic choice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Sometimes the budget demands what the budget demands.  Key Light is decent for talking, sips in between,  and not getting plastered.  With that said I always appreciate when I see someone bring out a Schlitz.  A good classic choice. 

I believe it's the same alcohol content as Miller and Coors and it's cheaper.  Heck, for kegs it's WAY cheaper, and let's be honest, it basically tastes the same as Silver Bullet.  Keith Stone! Remember those commercials? :lol:  The international symbol for light beer should just be a man pissing, tell me I'm wrong.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Goofus back to living up to its moniker.  Well I'll be a monkey's uncle, just checked the station and it appears I hit 89 earlier today, likely not gonna reach 90 but 'twas a close call after all, aint it @Itstrainingtime

I got to 88. Thunder here now at work. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I believe it's the same alcohol content as Miller and Coors and it's cheaper.  Heck, for kegs it's WAY cheaper, and let's be honest, it basically tastes the same as Silver Bullet.  Keith Stone! Remember those commercials? :lol:  The international symbol for light beer should just be a man pissing, tell me I'm wrong.....

Regardless if its the symbol you are are going to be partaking in it if you drink lots of it.    Definitely better than drinking Malt 45's with brown bags covering them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Okay boys, I'm ready for what's about to come my way......here we go -- Key Light all the way! bahahahaha......Seriously though if I'm outside at a party, pool, tailgate, boat, etc. it's light beer all the way for me -- Miller, Coors, or Key.  Now, I do enjoy a good lager or pale ale from time to time but nothing overly hoppy or fruity or hazy or dark or anything for that matter, just a good crisp plain beer.  With all that said, I'm more of a whiskey guy.  Whiskey'n'ginger has been my drink of choice for at least 15 years now, and I do love me a good 'ol fashioned or Manhattan.  In fact , all this talk and pap may just have to go get the Bullet Rye tehe.

As a craft beer guy, I agree 100% that there’s a time and a place for light beer and usually that time and place is outside, when you plan on drinking all day. Can only drink so many 8%+ beers and it’s hard to pace.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

You're hearing that cell over by Red Lion.

It was quite dark here for a few...and then it was gone. 

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That Burg cell went to your west like so many have the last month. 

Ain't that the truth? It just happened the other night. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

As a craft beer guy, I agree 100% that there’s a time and a place for light beer and usually that time and place is outside, when you plan on drinking all day. Can only drink so many 8%+ beers and it’s hard to pace.

And I have found that people just do not respect you at a party with a Four Loco in your hand in an effort to get the light or fruity taste with 8%+.  99 Bananas has the same negative effect.   Ha. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

As a craft beer guy, I agree 100% that there’s a time and a place for light beer and usually that time and place is outside, when you plan on drinking all day. Can only drink so many 8%+ beers and it’s hard to pace.

This is true, very very true.  I have seen many a good man go down from getting too bold with the douple IPAs on a hot and humid day.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Whatever happens or doesn't happen tomorrow, the weather following looks incredible. And unlike typical summer fronts, instead of having a nice day or perhaps two, it looks like a nice string of days to close out July and start of the dog days. 

That will get us 1 step closer to Fall!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fantastic forecast for the Harrisburg area for the end of July into early August!

Friday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 81. Northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. 
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 55. North wind 6 to 8 mph. 
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 79.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 58.
Sunday
A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 80. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Sunday Night
A chance of thunderstorms before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 60. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Monday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 81.
Monday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 60.
Tuesday
Partly sunny, with a high near 80.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 61.
Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 83.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...