• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA - Summer 2021

44 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am not even going to look and guess ahoff.    When I get busy again I will stop filling up the airwaves as much but for now its been fun.  Been fun having you here to bounce models off with. 

Yes, warminista that he is. LOL. Actually best I can tell he’s a seasons in seasons guy.

But model watching is quite fun for me at most times of the year. I know a ton of people only watch the models in winter but I’m not one of them. My busy season at work runs from about mid-July through October so the time for me to stop flooding the airwaves is upon us.

14 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Yes, warminista that he is. LOL. Actually best I can tell he’s a seasons in seasons guy.

But model watching is quite fun for me at most times of the year. I know a ton of people only watch the models in winter but I’m not one of them. My busy season at work runs from about mid-July through October so the time for me to stop flooding the airwaves is upon us.

Going to be lonely doing PBP with myself.   LOL

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Going to be lonely doing PBP with myself.   LOL

12z GFS looked a little warmer, though ridging never seems to win decisively with any longevity. Remnants of Elsa could still be a factor, and it looks like Florida will be spared a direct hit from anything of hurricane strength.

The highlight, though, is the CMC’s depiction of next weekend. Saturday looks wet but Sunday looks incredible. GFS isn’t as great, gives me a fantastic Sunday but I’m not so sure the front clears out there in time.

Today, on the other hand, to quote @Itstrainingtimeyet again, “Every day like this is one potential hot, miserable day that won't happen. 

2 hours ago, TimB84 said:

12z GFS looked a little warmer, though ridging never seems to win decisively with any longevity. Remnants of Elsa could still be a factor, and it looks like Florida will be spared a direct hit from anything of hurricane strength.

The highlight, though, is the CMC’s depiction of next weekend. Saturday looks wet but Sunday looks incredible. GFS isn’t as great, gives me a fantastic Sunday but I’m not so sure the front clears out there in time.

Today, on the other hand, to quote @Itstrainingtimeyet again, “Every day like this is one potential hot, miserable day that won't happen. 

I was at Pine Grove Furnace today (Center point of App Trail) and it was absolutely amazing.   Sun came out and got a tad hot but then clouds would roll in and cool it off.  Rained a bit but not a rain out. 

I would be great if these breaks in summer keep rolling in on weekends. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was at Pine Grove Furnace today (Center point of App Trail) and it was absolutely amazing.   Sun came out and got a tad hot but then clouds would roll in and cool it off.  Rained a bit but not a rain out. 

I would be great if these breaks in summer keep rolling in on weekends. 

We’re up in Warren County visiting the wife’s family this weekend (Route 6 corridor, @Mount Joy Snowmanwill appreciate that). Simply fantastic weather, a brief rain shower this morning and an absolutely beautiful afternoon.

Also CTP forecast area, so isn’t this technically my home thread right now?

37 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

We’re up in Warren County visiting the wife’s family this weekend (Route 6 corridor, @Mount Joy Snowmanwill appreciate that). Simply fantastic weather, a brief rain shower this morning and an absolutely beautiful afternoon.

Also CTP forecast area, so isn’t this technically my home thread right now?

Welcome #2 :-) 

31 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Still nothing officially in the bucket today despite 2 rounds of very light showers. 

What’s the best radar to use for the York, Lancaster area?   I really didn’t pay close attention to that area until I took on the additional golf course in York area.  Seems to be a gap in coverage.   I always use Sterling for my house but it’s def not as clear for your area.  State College isn’t much better

4 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Yes looking better.  Earlier looked like it might slip too far west.  Not your typical direction to be tracking 

I kept looking at radar and did not see anything but forget that it occasionally stops updating.  Thanks for keeping me in line as we were about the leave for Pen Mar park which would have been a wet mistake. 

2 hours ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

What’s the best radar to use for the York, Lancaster area?   I really didn’t pay close attention to that area until I took on the additional golf course in York area.  Seems to be a gap in coverage.   I always use Sterling for my house but it’s def not as clear for your area.  State College isn’t much better

Honestly, I use Sterling's. There is no "good" radar for us as we fall between State College, Sterling, and Mt. Holly's. 

State College is okay during the warm months but is horrible for snow events -  Sterling is the only viable option during winter storms. 

• Thanks 1