• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

10 minutes ago, Streak said:

Yes, I’ve been thinking about how it is that this June has seemed very pleasant so far where my memory of last June (and last summer in general) is that it was oppressive from start to finish.

I think canderson was right that even with lower temps overall, the omnipresent humidity made it seem worse to me. (I also think the excessive heat in July distorted my memory of the entire summer). 

Reminds me of what a few of you were saying about Orlando; that the high temps themselves aren’t extreme but the constant humidity from May to October is what makes it unpleasant.

MDT is going to spank MCO today.  May be double digit higher.   But your point about last June.  Take a look at the temps.  The lows last year were frequently in the low 50's to mid 60's and it just cannot be that humid with lows like that.  Only 3 days 70 or above for lows.    This June we have already have 8 days where the low stayed above 70.    Did anyone think of the fact that most stayed inside much of last June? 

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Kind of like getting that 10 year colonoscopy in and then heading out to Red Robin for a burger and unlimited fries after its over. 

I’m still 8 years away from being able to relate to this, but it’s terrifying that it’s that close.

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

The burger (impossible burger for me) tastes incredible after not eating for 24-36 hours. 

My mother was telling me about how she’s having one done sometime this week so it’s been on my mind recently. I’ll have to ask her if she’s going to Red Robin after.

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

MDT is going to spank MCO today.  May be double digit higher.   But your point about last June.  Take a look at the temps.  The lows last year were frequently in the low 50's to mid 60's and it just cannot be that humid with lows like that.  Only 3 days 70 or above for lows.    This June we have already have 8 days where the low stayed above 70.    Did anyone think of the fact that most stayed inside much of last June? 

Yes, that’s true, and it could just be that the times I was out for any extended period happened to be the warmest/more humid periods that month. In addition to my memory of the July heat being “superimposed” onto June and distorting my memory of it. Psychologically, the lack of rain and the worry about our well running dry probably also affected my overall perception of the temps last summer. 

1 minute ago, paweather said:

Sounds good. Come join the Cowboys Train with me!

I’ll pass on that, but maybe I’ll jump on the bandwagon depending on how bad my team sucks this year. That would require your Cowboys to be good enough to have a bandwagon this year.

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

My mother was telling me about how she’s having one done sometime this week so it’s been on my mind recently. I’ll have to ask her if she’s going to Red Robin after.

I have had two done.  One was when I was younger and one for the 50ish thing.  The inconveniences are definitely worse than the event.  I hate jello and that ilk of food as well. 

4 minutes ago, Streak said:

Yes, that’s true, and it could just be that the times I was out for any extended period happened to be the warmest/more humid periods that month. In addition to my memory of the July heat being “superimposed” onto June and distorting my memory of it. Psychologically, the lack of rain and the worry about our well running dry probably also affected my overall perception of the temps last summer. 

Yea, last June (for me and some others) was the worst drought I ever remember experiencing.   We had some people here getting mud in their water. 

Just now, sauss06 said:

Bite your tongue, we're contenders bro :drunk::thumbsup:

85, full sun

I’ll drink to that (the contenders part, not the 85 degrees at 10am part). Gotta keep the people saying “Tomlin has never had a losing season.” Side note, I don’t believe I’ve ever heard anyone say “Ben has never had a losing season.”

• Like 1

I had thought today would be the hottest day of this stretch but tomorrow probably does hit 100, today probably only 96/97. 

FWIW my parents near Dallas' high yesterday was 81. They've only hit 95 once, no 100s. Latest ever to not hit 100, and one of the coolest Junes on record. 

But yeah the climate's not changing. We are the new SE but susceptible to higher temps due to latitude (like Portanld is facing - you see they hit 116 yesterday?1).