Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

48 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Here we go!

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for...
  Central Chautauqua County in western New York...

* Until 1215 AM EDT..

* At 1123 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm was located near North East,
  or 15 miles east of Erie, moving northeast at 45 mph.

HAZARD...60 mph wind gusts and quarter size hail.

Storms falling apart as they approach CNY. I should have finished staining my deck today after all.  We need a week of arid heat.  Been frequently  wet lately

7 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

That thing is about to wake up all of Erie county within the next hour. Constant thunder here.

How was the storm last night? We had a wicked storm roll through here around 11:30pm mountain time last night with tons of thunder and lightning and quarter sized hail. Temp dropped down to 39 this morning here behind that cold front. 

• Like 1

Do it all over again this weekend..

Latest model trends have come into better agreement on the majority
of the day Friday remaining dry. Model guidance is still showing
discrepancies regarding the strength and timing of a cold front
stemming from a wave of surface low pressure ahead of a slow moving
trough. This feature is expected to produce showers and
thunderstorms on Saturday, with shower chances increasing west to
east overnight Friday. The slow moving trough and frontal zone look
to be fed by ample GOMEX moisture, which will aid in bringing
beneficial rains to the area. Long range guidance is in relatively
good agreement with several waves of low pressure riding along the
boundary. Though specifics can`t be pinned down this far out, this
may act to slow the progression of the boundary and keep rain
chances lingering well into Sunday.

7 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

How was the storm last night? We had a wicked storm roll through here around 11:30pm mountain time last night with tons of thunder and lightning and quarter sized hail. Temp dropped down to 39 this morning here behind that cold front. 

Think it looked more impressive on radar.  Ended up being 3 different batches moving through overnight.   Good soaking rains but nothing severe.  Only saw one report of a tree down on wire in Amherst area.

Threat event looks to be between noon and 4 for WNY today… If it even fires up

11 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

I fell asleep at around 2, line slowed down before it got here, anyone got a radar loop lol

Seems there is some significant clearing and time for warming before the trough comes through. Last night's rain will make sure there's ample moisture in the air as well. Clearly east of ROC will have the soupiest environment, already in the mid 80s in Sizzle.

I'm tempted to take a half day today and chase.  Seems like one of the rare opportunities where all the ingredients are in place.  Feels absolutely perfect this morning too.  Temp of 76 with a dewpoint of 70 at 9am, pure perfect summer morning.  Wish we could carbon copy it for the next 90 days.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I'm tempted to take a half day today and chase.  Seems like one of the rare opportunities where all the ingredients are in place.  Feels absolutely perfect this morning too.  Temp of 76 with a dewpoint of 70 at 9am, pure perfect summer morning.  Wish we could carbon copy it for the next 90 days.  

Do it. I have a feeling there will be something good to chase - ripe for storms today. Be careful though... ;)

38 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I was on one of our jobs for about 1.5hrs this morning.  Like 8:30-10am.  Shirt soaked through, sweat running down my back, and I wasn’t even doing physical labor!  If we had 90 more days of this, our company would call it quits because the crews’ production slows WAY down in this stuff (understandably).  I don’t know how they do outside construction down south….

• Like 1