• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

7 minutes ago, winter_rules said:

I was on one of our jobs for about 1.5hrs this morning.  Like 8:30-10am.  Shirt soaked through, sweat running down my back, and I wasn’t even doing physical labor!  If we had 90 more days of this, our company would call it quits because the crews’ production slows WAY down in this stuff (understandably).  I don’t know how they do outside construction down south….

Working in it would not be fun. But relaxing by a pool or cruising around the yard doing some light gardening and nothing feels better. The air is like a warm soft blanket on these days. (It should be noted that I’m chronically cold 10 months a year so perhaps that’s why I have an affinity for this weather. My wife despises this heat)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

This mornings storm that rolled through peaked at 1.63" per hr, obviously it did not last long.. Earlier this month a storm peaked at 3" per hour which also didn't last that long lol We have just under 2.4" for the month..

Screenshot_20210621-111017.png

The storm that hit Friday night had some momentary peaks of 7”/hr rates on my Davis!!  Was absolutely pounding rain. 

• Weenie 1

Special weather statement

RISK FOR STRONG TO SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS THIS AFTERNOON AND
EARLY EVENING ACROSS WESTERN AND NORTH CENTRAL NEW YORK...

Thunderstorms will develop this afternoon and will move across the
area through early evening. Across the Niagara Frontier, including
the Buffalo metro area, scattered storms will bring a lower but
still some risk for severe weather. This will primarily be between
1 and 4 p.m.

There`s a greater risk for severe weather across the Western
Southern Tier, Genesee Valley, Western Finger Lakes, and eastern
Lake Ontario regions. The greatest risk for severe weather at
these locations will be between 2 and 6 p.m.

Damaging winds will be the primary threat associated with these
thunderstorms. Large hail is also possible, in addition to brief
torrential rainfall and dangerous cloud to ground lightning.

If you have outdoor plans this afternoon into early this evening,
keep a close eye on forecasts and warnings. Have a plan to move
to a sturdy shelter if threatening weather approaches your
location.

2 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

I'm tempted to take a half day today and chase.  Seems like one of the rare opportunities where all the ingredients are in place.  Feels absolutely perfect this morning too.  Temp of 76 with a dewpoint of 70 at 9am, pure perfect summer morning.  Wish we could carbon copy it for the next 90 days.  

Where would you start?

I'm thinking somewhere just off I-90 with a long vantage point like between Syracuse and Utica and then follow it east?

2 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

I'm tempted to take a half day today and chase.  Seems like one of the rare opportunities where all the ingredients are in place.  Feels absolutely perfect this morning too.  Temp of 76 with a dewpoint of 70 at 9am, pure perfect summer morning.  Wish we could carbon copy it for the next 90 days.  

Where would you start?

I'm thinking somewhere just off I-90 with a long vantage point like between Syracuse and Utica and then follow it east?

7 minutes ago, cny rider said:

Where would you start?

I'm probably going to setup near Canandaigua around 2pm and then work through the fingerlakes into the late afternoon.  We never really got much clearing so that isnt helping, but I'm hoping the overall system dynamics are enough to overwhelm the lack of low level instability.  

19 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Been partly sunny here in walworth most of morning. 

Yeah, filtered sun here too.  Was hoping it would clear out completely for a bit.  Seems like that ship has sailed as high clouds are working in fast and the pre frontal squall line is already setting up.