• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Above average, above average, above average....what else is new?

Personally, last summer jumped out to me as one to remember, hottest in my book since the summer of 1989. This summer started the same with scorching June but backed off with cloudy and normal temps in July. But the last 2 weeks and the week ahead are pushing this summer to “memorable” status for me. Just blistering in the sun today. Can’t seem to drop below 80 at BUF until well after midnight these days.  And dropping below 70 at BUF…good luck. 

So yeah…above, above, above normal to the point of the local climate just feeling different seems to be where we’re at.  With the exception of the March 15 to April 30 period which will average 45 degrees below normal in perpetuity just as we’re all begging for a change to the 120 day run of temps running between 34 and 48 degrees. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Personally, last summer jumped out to me as one to remember, hottest in my book since the summer of 1989. This summer started the same with scorching June but backed off with cloudy and normal temps in July. But the last 2 weeks and the week ahead are pushing this summer to “memorable” status for me. Just blistering in the sun today. Can’t seem to drop below 80 at BUF until well after midnight these days.  And dropping below 70 at BUF…good luck. 

So yeah…above, above, above normal to the point of the local climate just feeling different seems to be where we’re at.  With the exception of the March 15 to April 30 period which will average 45 degrees below normal in perpetuity just as we’re all begging for a change to the 120 day run of temps running between 34 and 48 degrees. 

Yes. It's like the 10 degrees above is the new point of reference. We get occasional dips, and then it jumps right back up.

3 hours ago, vortmax said:

Where has it been below average this summer? With all this persistent ridging, there has to be troughing somewhere.

Great Britain. Jeremy Clarkson has been complaining about it all summer now that hes a farmer.

https://www.nationalworld.com/news/weather/why-is-the-weather-so-bad-in-2021-in-the-uk-if-rain-and-cold-is-normal-in-summer-and-when-it-will-get-warmer-3249270

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Luke_Mages said:

It seems like Europe has had the cold this decade.

• Like 1

Some relief
from the uncomfortable conditions beginning Monday night as lows dip
into the low to mid 60s with falling dewpoints.

Outside of a pop-up shower or two in the afternoon hours, surface
high pressure and drier air building into the region in behind the
front will provide mostly dry conditions for Tuesday and Wednesday.
A minor but welcomed break from the heat and humidity in store as
well with daytime highs in the 70s and overnight lows in the low 60s
to mid 50s.
  • Like 2

82 degrees before 9 am in Syracuse. Just awful!

Looks like the forecast now doesn't have highs fall below the mid 80s untill Tuesday!

If I wanted these ridiculously hot summers I would have moved to Georgia!!!! 

Yup...still bitter... because the weather in Upstate New York has SUCKED in the time I have lived here. Lol