Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12Z Guidance Discussion 12/23/2010

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks to me like the southern energy is diving pretty far south. Phase is happening slower than 0Z. Didn't the bullish runs of the Euro keep the southern energy further south and more intact like the 12Z NAM is doing now. Although, it looks like (at 42 hours) the northern energy might outrun the southern energy and miss the phase?

Looks to me like the southern energy is diving pretty far south. Phase is happening slower than 0Z. Didn't the bullish runs of the Euro keep the southern energy further south and more intact like the 12Z NAM is doing now. I think this will end up pretty good for Balt-Wash. area.

The alignment of the n/s diving into MT is much better too. Across the board it's better. Doesn't mean it will turn out better in the end but it's a better setup

starting to remind me of last weekends storm when the models began to show that strung out look with three days to go

That is the feeling that I've had with this storm for a few days now.....Never too comfortable relying on just one model to show a significant snowstorm. If you've noticed, even the Euro has gone from a big storm for all, then to most, now to some...Next....? Don Sutherland had a great post on the forum a couple days ago regarding the storm.

Guest someguy

Debacle on the NAM...southern s/w misses the phase and is left orphaned at 54. We're cooked down here in the MA..but is there still time for the northern stream to dig in for NE?

dont see that at all

After the 12z Euro yesterday I was ready to jump on board for an epic event....and when I saw the trends of the 18z package I got even more excited but with the euro showing signs of shifting and the way the rest of the 00z models have sped up the southern stream energy some I have my doubts. I still think where I am in Northern NJ will get warning criteria snowfall but not to the extent of an epic blizzard the ec has been showing. I think this Nam run was a step in the right direction in terms of the location of the low and holding back the S/W energy longer but missing the phase is the same thing that killed us last week. I'm not going to get too excited without seeing the rest of the 12z package.

Archived