12Z Guidance Discussion 12/23/2010

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the other hand at this point there is only one way for this to swing

It seems to me everything is about as far east and late phased as it can be

IF there is going to be any changes IF... it is back to the west

especially give the GFS Individual ensemble members

6 posts before this you were bashing them saying they "whiffed". I'm confused.

Guest someguy

6 posts before this you were bashing them saying they "whiffed". I'm confused.

6 posts BEFORE I made THAT

I said this

+2....

which means I strongly agree

so um where or who or even HOW is saying "+2" " Bashing?"

Not trying to start something but I am really NOT following you at all...

sorry... Not following you here at all?

Sorry can't multiquote for some reason, and it was a couple pages back, but one post said the GFS ensemble mean seems to have "whiffed" then 6 posts later said considering the GFS ensemble members it might move back west. Seeing as how the members make up the mean, the logic didn't make sense.

that is NOT always the case.

and I hope you know better

what you are forgetting here is that it SEEMS the GFS ensemble mean which have also showed a Major east coast storm whiffed as well

Sorry can't multiquote for some reason, and it was a couple pages back, but one post said the GFS ensemble mean seems to have "whiffed" then 6 posts later said considering the GFS ensemble members it might move back west. Seeing as how the members make up the mean, the logic didn't make sense.

Guest someguy

OH ok..... yes I see ....

I did say that... but in the first instance I was referring to the GFS ensemble mean

in the last post I was referring the 12z psu wall limited gfs ensemble surface plots

I dont think I was Bashing the GFS at all ...if anything I was harsher on the euro and the euro ensemble mean...

at least that was MY intent ...

Guest someguy

thanks Srain for taking the comment COMPELTELY out of CONTEXT

that comment was made b/c the poster had said how the Euro and euro is now worthless model

how did you miss that ?

models arent supposed to tell us exactly what is going to happen.. i dont think they ever will though we might get pretty close in the short range. that's what the red tag is for. ;)

:whistle: How hard it must be to not hug the models. I mean they did pick up the idea of this storm 7 days ago to one extent or another. This will make everybody a better forcaster. Like the Giants losing the way they did to the Eagles. It will get them back to the basics, respectively.

The 12Z Euro ensemble mean track is definitely NW of the operational.

it's close enough not to be that interesting unless maybe you're in sene etc and up there the differences are even more minimal. it's actually pretty close to the 0z mean. we're locking in.

OH ok..... yes I see ....

I did say that... but in the first instance I was referring to the GFS ensemble mean

in the last post I was referring the 12z psu wall limited gfs ensemble surface plots

I dont think I was Bashing the GFS at all ...if anything I was harsher on the euro and the euro ensemble mean...

at least that was MY intent ...

Sorry I guess I asked wrong in the first place, shouldn't have said "bashing", as you weren't. Couldn't figure out your opinion on the GFS ensembles solution which has been pretty steady and still keeps the system around, though not quite close enough.

Guest someguy

Sorry I guess I asked wrong in the first place, shouldn't have said "bashing", as you weren't. Couldn't figure out your opinion on the GFS ensembles solution which has been pretty steady and still keeps the system around, though not quite close enough.

OK.... fair enough

we're good.

Archived