• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gonglee
    Newest Member
    gonglee

February 17-18th Winter Storm Thread.

5 minutes ago, John1122 said:

I just heard a low muffled rumble but the closest lightning appeared to be in NE Alabama. Could have been a plane but they virtually never cross my area low enough to hear. 

Ice quake maybe?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, John1122 said:

Is this ptype remotely correct in the valley?

fWv1ov.md.jpg

CC has been holding right at the Monroe/Loudon line..I've stayed all sleet here, just a slushy dusting

Screenshot_20210217-235524_RadarScope.jpg

Temp has dropped to 33 and sleet has changed to pure rain. I’m going to bed. I’ll think about getting a new hobby tonight. This winter has really taken it out of me. 

TWC suggests Monterey (10 Miles west of me) will change to rain in the next hour while we will stay all snow with an additional 5" here...what are the odds they would actually change to rain but not us? We are only 100ft higher than them and they are a little north of us

7 minutes ago, TellicoWx said:

I'm just starting to get under the brightest returns here..ice chunks falling..sounds like hail hitting the roof..wouldn't even call it sleet (this is bigger)

Heavy sleet just turned into heavy snow here in Vonore rain mixing in.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Shocker0 said:

TWC suggests Monterey (10 Miles west of me) will change to rain in the next hour while we will stay all snow with an additional 5" here...what are the odds they would actually change to rain but not us? We are only 100ft higher than them and they are a little north of us

I would honestly not pay much attention to TWC in situations like this.  Future radar has been showing rain over the south end of the count for the last hour. It's not close to happening once verification hits. 

• Like 1

Dime and nickel size here. Laying on everything. Can’t attach pictures 

Ground turned white in a matter on minutes

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Save the itchy algae! said:

I’m leaving the hospital in Powell now and it’s light rain and 36.  Will give update on way home to Farragut.

Made it back to Farragut.  It was mostly rain all along 75/40 but had some snow mix in and it was 34 degrees.  I hit Pelissippi and it changed to 70/30 sn/rn mix at 33.  Once I passed Costco it dropped to 32 and became all snow.  At the house there’s slush on everywhere but the roads/sidewalks/etc.  just as I walked in it changed to freezing rain but looks like it’s back to snow now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Back to sloppy flakes.  Turning out pretty much how I expected for here.  33.4 with dew of 31.

I’m just barely missing this action...

88c2001c15b3c4bf36df075215df33ab.png

• Sad 1

Just now, Save the itchy algae! said:

Made it back to Farragut.  It was mostly rain all along 75/40 but had some snow mix in and it was 34 degrees.  I hit Pelissippi and it changed to 70/30 sn/rn mix at 33.  Once I passed Costco it dropped to 32 and became all snow.  At the house there’s slush on everywhere but the roads/sidewalks/etc.  just as I walked in it changed to freezing rain but looks like it’s back to snow now.

I appreciate the obs western neighbor!  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, John1122 said:

I would honestly not pay much attention to TWC in situations like this.  Future radar has been showing rain over the south end of the count for the last hour. It's not close to happening once verification hits. 

Yeah they were showing me at 5-8" just now with "heavy snow" and only showed Monterey with another inch before switching to rain. I doubt that's ever happened here before and I hadn't seen a forecast like that for here in the past

• Like 1