hazwoper

February 18-19 Event

14 minutes ago, jimmosk said:

Intensity dropped to -SN in Swarthmore, down from SN. Tiny flakes, with a small amount of sleet. We’ve had a little more than 1” so far.

Crazy Media is 3.1” you are only like 2 miles away lol we have snow sleet mixing in at times lots of mangled flakes. 

Doesn't seem like it's snowing right here outside of philadelphia despite what radar suggests. Sleet I guess. About 1/2" total accumulation. Going to be a gross mixture that probably ends up being a pain to shovel 

2 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Radar looks pretty amazing for all snow peeps. 8-12” in a lot of spots. I have around 2.5-3” NE airport JUST got clipped by AM band

12k nam has the 2nd batch hitting same spots tonight with snow. We may or may not flip to all sleet for a period (up this way) today. 

namconus_ref_frzn_neus_15.png

3 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Getting blasted here now heaviest of the day SN+....up to 6" temp ticked down to 21F. Amazing!

Nice to have snow in the 20s!

Drove to Trenton to grab something from the office I forgot yesterday Route 31 was mostly wet, little bit of slush, but overall very manageable. Once you get into trenton though... What a disaster. Looks to be about 4-5" here. Heavy snow. Next stop Lower Makefield.

• Like 1

Just now, The Iceman said:

Drove to Trenton to grab something from the office I forgot yesterday. 31 was mostly wet, little bit of slush, but overall very manageable. Once you get into trenton though... What a disaster. Looks to be about 4-5" here. Heavy snow. Next stop Lower Makefield.

I’m on the road too but might turn around. Skidded out already pulling into gas station and at a light

• Haha 1

Just now, Wentzadelphia said:

I’m on the road too but might turn around. Skidded out already pulling into gas station and at a light

Safe travels guys. There’s over 6” on the road here

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Yeah be careful, the powdery snow combined with the little bit of graupel and temps in the low 20s... Things are slippery for sure but luckily I have a jeep. Safe travels man.

7.1” now here. Snowing at an incredible rate again. Visibly a few hundred feet. Parts of the area going for 10-14” no doubt.  Reports out of eastern montco. approaching a foot already and heavy snow is continuing 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Getting blasted here now heaviest of the day SN+....up to 6" temp ticked down to 21F. Amazing!

How do you have 6" with the sun cutting down on accumulations?  I kid, I kid....

• Haha 3

1.8" of granular goodness here, 26F. Small flakes now with a little sleet mixed in. Been flipping back and forth. All snow would be nice but it's beautiful out and still snowing mostly, what's not to like!

I just shoveled a path on the driveway and it was like shovelling sugar, lol. Congrats to those getting heavy snow!

• Like 1