Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 18th ?19th?

Typhoon Tip

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I honestly have no idea what you’re talking about or doing. You’re in probably the best spot. 1” per hour plus tomorrow night into Friday. I think you’re trolling but who knows. You’ll easily pull over 10” with the OES

I'm not trolling. I don't get my rocks off over 6" in 36 hrs this time of year. At least how it looks now. Hopefully it trends better. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I'm not trolling. I don't get my rocks off over 6" in 36 hrs this time of year. At least how it looks now. Hopefully it trends better. 

You are doing everything you hate about this place. Mehing a snowstorm, using qpf on an off hour run of one model to make a forecast, talking about sun angles and how it won’t stick, not appreciating snow.. the list goes on. Take a look in mirror 

• Haha 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

You are doing everything you hate about this place. Mehing a snowstorm, using qpf on an off hour run of one model to make a forecast, talking about sun angles and how it won’t stick, not appreciating snow.. the list goes on. Take a look in mirror 

And it's all true. I don't wishcast. I'm just going by how things look now. Maybe it trends better. But the whole thing looks pretty uninspiring. Only think exciting is NJ and NYC for the thump. Probably into SW CT.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

And it's all true. I don't wishcast. I'm just going by how things look now. Maybe it trends better. But the whole thing looks pretty uninspiring. Only think exciting is NJ and NYC for the thump. Probably into SW CT.

Then please don’t post if you’re gonna bring everyone down because it’s not a blockbuster 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We have to wonder if the Euro is right. Everything else is more stout 

I’m not really finding that I should believe the euro any more than other models lately. Just look at this last storm as an example when the euro kept hanging on to heavier snow amounts further north for days despite others backing off. It didn’t back off till the last really 24 to 36 hours. And that’s certainly not the first time this year that it’s really just been bad.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

We have to wonder if the Euro is right. Everything else is more stout 

There are two things to watch. Thump and CCB. The thump probably has a better likelihood of ticking north? However that s/w is farther west. You'd want that east to help maximize forcing. The CCB is due to the s/w trying to curl up. The problem is that the mechanics probably only allow for it to happen in a limited way. As of now, it may not be enough. So yeah, things could look better, but I'm not sure why people are all offended by how things look and how I report it. I don't make the weather lol. 

• Like 3

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

I’m not really finding that I should believe the euro any more than other models lately. Just look at this last storm as an example when the euro kept hanging on to heavier snow amounts further north for days despite others backing off. It didn’t back off till the last really 24 to 36 hours. And that’s certainly not the first time this year that it’s really just been bad.

I think Brian said a million time to toss the snow algorithms there and there is likely a sneaky warm layer. So the euro likely was right, but we cannot get soundings like we can for the NAM and GFS to truly show the profile of the atmosphere.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

There are two things to watch. Thump and CCB. The thump probably has a better likelihood of ticking north? However that s/w is farther west. You'd want that east to help maximize forcing. The CCB is due to the s/w trying to curl up. The problem is that the mechanics probably only allow for it to happen in a limited way. As of now, it may not be enough. So yeah, things could look better, but I'm not sure why people are all offended by how things look and how I report it. I don't make the weather lol. 

People? Or person?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think Brian said a million time to toss the snow algorithms there and there is likely a sneaky warm layer. So the euro likely was right, but we cannot get soundings like we can for the NAM and GFS to truly show the profile of the atmosphere.

Well obviously he should’ve said it 1,000,001 times!

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

plot_meteogram-worker-commands-69c6db9bf8-pnv79-6fe5cac1a363ec1525f54343b6cc9fd8-HoH012.png

plot_meteogram-worker-commands-69c6db9bf8-d9qk2-6fe5cac1a363ec1525f54343b6cc9fd8-iEfHn7.png

plot_meteogram-worker-commands-69c6db9bf8-mzv6z-6fe5cac1a363ec1525f54343b6cc9fd8-NirWPs.png

I can't stand navigating that site. I mean a nice quick point and click deal from a deterministic model. Some sites have that, but they don't have a ton of vertical layers. So in other words, they use smoothing or have a jagged look to them and can miss finer details.

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

Well obviously he should’ve said it 1,000,001 times!

I just feel like people bash the euro because of the lack of data we can see. I've seen many say it gave too much snow, but in reality...if we did see a sneaky warm layer, it would be easier to dismiss the clown maps.