Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Back to Back Major Synoptic Snowstorms!

1 minute ago, tim123 said:

Rap looks like hi rez can has 15 inches in roc at hr 51. Still snowing at end

Tim I think it was you that said upstate could be under 2-4 feet after Friday. I can’t remember a time this was possible. It appears the 12z GFS has moved even further east for Thursday and Friday and almost has all of WNY all snow the entire time. I expect this change to continue and move closer to the Euro model. What a time. And I may be upping my Buffalo totals to 15”. The western finger lakes to the Niagara frontier are beginning to look like the bullseye for this first storm Monday night Tuesday. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Tim I think it was you that said upstate could be under 2-4 feet after Friday. I can’t remember a time this was possible. It appears the 12z GFS has moved even further east for Thursday and Friday and almost has all of WNY all snow the entire time. I expect this change to continue and move closer to the Euro model. What a time. And I may be upping my Buffalo totals to 15”. The western finger lakes to the Niagara frontier are beginning to look like the bullseye for this first storm Monday night Tuesday. 

HRDPS QPF and snowfall at 10:1

looks like a I-90 special from BUF to SYR. 

D2F3C67C-158D-4AA8-A021-CCCCC135F74A.png

BBCA203A-57F3-4A4F-A86C-FA9128DB1210.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, LakeEffectKing said:

If there is ambient moisture around, the frictional convergence mechanisms with a frozen lake, (with still some 10 -20% unfrozen) along with orographic lifting, can still drop some significant snows.

There have been quite a few events with 12"+ totals with 80% ice coverage off Erie. There is far less ice than I thought was on the lake, taken today. That's like 50% covered, not 80% like the charts are showing.

t1.21045.1554.LakeErie.143.250m.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I’m guessing the NWS upgrades in the next 2 hours at the 2:30-3:00 update. Erie Pa is already under a warning so it’s close. My early guess I’d the NWS goes 10-16 accumulation fir the duration of tomorrow through Tuesday am with the higher amounts as you move north of the 90

BGM is currently 6-9” (although their own maps don’t match that) so I can’t see them going that high. 

I see them going 8-12” with the CYA of “locally higher amounts”

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

There have been quite a few events with 12"+ totals with 80% ice coverage off Erie. There is far less ice than I thought was on the lake, taken today. That's like 50% covered, not 80% like the charts are showing.

t1.21045.1554.LakeErie.143.250m.jpg

I'm surprised how unfrozen it is given the sustained cold...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ericjcrash said:

I'm surprised how unfrozen it is given the sustained cold...

I'm actually shocked at how little ice is on there. Must have been some upwelling or something last few days. Sometimes wind can do that, but I don't think its been that windy. I really don't know. The only locked ice is NW of Cleveland in the shallow waters there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Where are you located? Albany and Binghamton are already above seasonal normals. (Albanys close)

I’m like 50 miles NW of Albany and 50 miles east of Utica. I’m not bitter, I hope you guys do get it. It just seems like sometimes people forget on this forum that there is members out this way. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, yankees102110 said:

I’m like 50 miles NW of Albany and 50 miles east of Utica. I’m not bitter, I hope you guys do get it. It just seems like sometimes people forget on this forum that there is members out this way. 

Near Amsterdam? Lower Adirondack region? You missed that first storm jackpot by a few miles. I see why you're slightly below average.