• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

Just now, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

GFS showing a longer duration round 2.  GEM showing shorter round 2, then a synoptic/coastal, then a round 3 of lake effect.  Anyway you cut it gonna be a fun 7 days around here.  

Yeah still too far out but the general idea is there. Euro didn't look as good for LES as the other models do. It has some ridging and dry air. This is what's hard with the really cold temps, you get good 850s but it can also be a bad thing if there is no moisture. It's tough to get a really cold LES setup. January 2014 did it.

28 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Mike C has some concerns on moisture for Saturday.  NAM follows this only popping the band for a few hours before drying it up pretty quick Saturday morning.  

AEB2F16C-7C54-4492-9B88-F927B3C1A7E8.jpeg

CHANNEL 4 HAS SUCKED LATELY...as the storm was happening last night on air neither Andrew or Todd wanted to go above .3” for KBUF...the plows came by this am and I cleared away the 5.1” I received between last evenings 3.5 and Tuesday’s 2.1...they are not performing well at all right now...toss anything they say at this point...and every one if their models is south biased, they will have the LES event over southern Erie...book it.

11 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

CHANNEL 4 HAS SUCKED LATELY...as the storm was happening last night on air neither Andrew or Todd wanted to go above .3” for KBUF...the plows came by this am and I cleared away the 5.1” I received between last evenings 3.5 and Tuesday’s 2.1...they are not performing well at all right now...toss anything they say at this point...and every one if their models is south biased, they will have the LES event over southern Erie...book it.

GFS doesn't look good at all for 2nd round of LES.