Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 31 - Feb 2 Storm

stormtracker

Just now, psuhoffman said:

@MillvilleWx the h5 progression is beautiful. I have a feeling when the EPS comes out this op was a northern solution in the envelope. 

I could see that. It was legit splitting hairs on who gets bombed on that run. I was digesting the 7H low progression and it was legit 25 miles north from the sweet spot. I'm just glad the Euro hung on to nice transfer and vort passage compared to the GFS which has been sloppy. I know people in here are worried about things trending too far north, and it's justified, BUT if you follow weather around here, these Miller B/Hybrid setups are NEVER easy. You have to walk the tight rope. The cool part is, when they happen, they are magic. 

18 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

THAT was one hell of a run for much of the sub-forum. Despite the bit of mixing during part of the coastal for the cities, everyone is puking dendrites at some point during the height of the coastal. US15 to I81 from Winchester to Harrisburg could be the deformation zone on this run verbatim. The whole area gets walloped in all. 1'+ for a ton of the sub. Even with the slightly farther north track of the surface low into southern Ohio, the goods are still delivered. I liked seeing a consistent hold of the ULL as it crosses into the Ohio Valley as well, strengthening again as it moves east. The 7H low cuts right over the Potomac. Just a slightly further south depiction, and it's blockbuster for basically everyone. A great run 

But I personally lost 12” of digital snow are you going to come here and console me, wipe my tears, help me throw digital punches and sue the Europeans? Fight this out in banter?  PBP of euro at 1 am ET. My next briefing is in 6 hours. Great having you on here bro.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Just now, ers-wxman1 said:

But I personally lost 12” of digital snow are you going to come here and console me, wipe my tears, help me throw digital punches and sue the Europeans? Fight this out in banter?  PBP of euro at 1 am ET. My next briefing is in 6 hours. 

You must live in NoVA. The king of jackpot depictions 100+ hours out that never pan out  :lol:

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Amped said:

And the scary part is I think the QPF it's showing over PA is too light given the firehose.  Should be a massive area of 30+  from Garret county to Binghamton .

The models never show the mountain effects properly at this range - maybe not enough resolution? Any of the recent runs, with this track, are easily 20"+ in Garrett, probably more in Tucker.

• Weenie 1

[mention=9895]MillvilleWx[/mention] the h5 progression is beautiful. I have a feeling when the EPS comes out this op was a northern solution in the envelope. 
I didn't expect the euro to show the north shift after seeing this which is what I looked at first. March 2001 ftl2ed17c92b5501b032c68e900aca7a471.jpg
  • Sad 1

Just now, DCAlexandria said:

Seems reason enough for me to question the surface depiction

It being a weather model 72+ hours out should naturally give any of us reason to question it.

We’ll see once the EPS run wraps up if this OP was a northern outlier or not  

• Like 1

• mappy locked and unpinned this topic