Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan. 31-Feb. 2 Miller B storm

LVblizzard

14 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Here's my call, I'll update tomorrow if I feel I need to but not expecting many major changes here on out.

PHL: 10-14"

NE Philly: 12-16"

Levittown: 14-18"

Trenton: 14-18"

Doylestown: 18-24"

Allentown: 20-26"

Reading: 20-26"

Hopewell: 18-24"

West Chester: 16-20"

South Jersey: 8-12"

Shore points: 2-4"

Someone in this forum, likely in the N and W will see 30+".

If I missed your backyard, just quote and reply.

Chadds Ford, PA

1 hour ago, The Iceman said:

Top 50 for ya 

https://jcweather.com/50snowstorms.php

I think a top 10 storm is definitely plausible. 16.8" would get them there and if banding sets up correctly, could be in reach. These long duration storms definitely have the potential to overperform.

I remember growing up a junior weenie in Philly looking at that list and thinking there was NO WAY I would ever see 20 inches of snow.  That only happened in the good old days.  14 inches in 1979 was amazing and 21 inches in 1983 was beyond comprehension.

We’ve now exceeded that old record 5 times in the past 30 years and could potentially be doing so a 6th time beginning tomorrow.  Despite some lean years, these are the new good ‘ol days.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Someone gets fooked. Usually that's DC...

it was the philly area back in '15.  I remember that one well back in my days in philly so can't be too certain that it is only DC. these things always trend NE last minute, hopefully this one is different for the philly metro this time.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, yak said:

I remember growing up a junior weenie in Philly looking at that list and thinking there was NO WAY I would ever see 20 inches of snow.  That only happened in the good old days.  14 inches in 1979 was amazing and 21 inches in 1983 was beyond comprehension.

We’ve now exceeded that old record 5 times in the past 30 years and could potentially be doing so a 6th time beginning tomorrow.  Despite some lean years, these are the new good ‘ol days.

We just moved to Reading from near West Chester a few months ago, and in the back of my mind I was thinking how nice it would be to get away from the I-95 corridor meso. We already cashed in last month, here's hoping for another classic over the next few days.

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

20 minutes ago, JSharp said:

Anyone worried about the second part of the storm from the Noreaster? The Mid-Atlantic AmericanWX group is getting worried that the second half of the storm will be a dud.

Anyone remember March 2001?

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

We just moved to Reading from near West Chester a few months ago, and in the back of my mind I was thinking how nice it would be to get away from the I-95 corridor meso. We already cashed in last month, here's hoping for another classic over the next few days.

I think a few traumatic encounters with the rain/snow line as a kid have led me to Berks County as well.  Welcome, neighbor!

• Like 1

Just now, The Iceman said:

Interesting... Seems like it's further ne with the ccb than the op.. just saying 

Indeed... quite a few members are not as far west with it. Most have the low further East which in turn drags the deform band along with it. In my opinion the low right in the coast the OP showed is probably too far west...

7 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

I believe the changing climate is helping larger storms to form with more moisture. But there are also longer periods with no snow happening.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

Well boys, 3rd and goal at the 4.....47 seconds to play. Game tied at 24. Brady looking on from the bench hoping the defense holds here. Teams set to go at the line of scrimmage. And here we go....its a direct snap to the running back....he scurried to the right and finds an open receiver....NO its the qb in the end zone. The Philly Special....TOUCHDOWN!!!! Unbelievable! Extra point snap, the kick is up...OH MY, no good its off the upright. Nothing ever easy in this hometown but we have the lead 30-24 with 30 seconds to play. And Brady takes the field. This proves to be one heck of an exciting finish folks. Can we hold the lead?? Buckle your seatbelts!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Newman said:

I'm still holding my breath here. I've seen these before, we're still a long way out until the coastal even ramps up, 1.5-2 days away (Monday afternoon/evening)

Yep, anything can still happen. Nobody is in the clear yet and inevitably somebody is going to get screwed. Hoping for the best for this sub, braced for the worst.

• Like 2

Just now, JSharp said:

The front end has been trending wetter and wetter. Should be thumping tomorrow at this time.

Noticed that as well. Especially in the latest Euro. Over an inch qpf by mid morning Monday in most of New Jersey and Philly Metro. That’s before the banding sets up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Iceman said:

Good to see ya here Jrodd! Hope all is well with you buddy. Things seem to be getting better and better up to game time, all the makings of a classic! 

Justin! Dude it’s been too long. Yeah man I bought my first house this past March! I’m up in Gilbertsville now in upper Montgo so I’m hoping to finally reap the benefits of being well NW of the city now! Hope you’ve been well too dude!!

• Like 1

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

Yep, anything can still happen. Nobody is in the clear yet and inevitably somebody is going to get screwed. Hoping for the best for this sub, braced for the worst.

Me too, I would love to see an entire SE PA jackpot and spread the love to all in this sub. But I have an uneasy feeling about this one still. Maybe it's PTSD from the past, maybe it's a legit concern

Just now, Newman said:

FWIW, 21z SREFS are not that impressive across the area (with regards to other guidance), they're favoring northeastern areas like NYC and SNE. KPHL mean of ~6.5". KRDG ~ 8.5". KABE ~ 9.0"

The SREFS are Part of the NAM family so that isn’t all that surprising 

• Like 1