• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 minute ago, DeltaT13 said:

RGEM was good for WNY and not as good for ENY.  It's in the eye of the beholder when our forum spans so much real estate.  

I said at 9 looked better!  Early it was drier but improved....

Too expansive and too many microclimates to do any kind of play by up here!

2 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

Who??  

It was in reference to the discussion you, Eric, and wolfie were having.

Sometimes, I think Eric might get nervous before the whole run finishes. Posters on some of the other subs get VERY annoyed with other posters who do that during runs. It doesn't really bother me much at all...so no big deal for me. Just adds extra, unnecessary angst. But our sub is pretty easy going about stuff, which I enjoy.

Anyways, Rgem looks great!

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

It was in reference to the discussion you, Eric, and wolfie were having.

Sometimes, I think Eric might get nervous before the whole run finishes. Posters on some of the other subs get VERY annoyed with other posters who do that during runs. It doesn't really bother me much at all...so no big deal for me. Just adds extra, unnecessary angst. But our sub is pretty easy going about stuff, which I enjoy.

Anyways, Rgem looks great!

That's fair, however it did cut down on QPF for me.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, 96blizz said:

The low position is not.  Let it play out. Still think the lake enhancement is huge and won’t be picked up well outside the Canucks...

I actually think it looks marginally better. Those bands will wrap with that low tucked and stalled. Think we can see an uptick here...

Yep. You could see early that the Low position was better.

Interestingly the GFS quietly came back NW at 18z. To see a Meso model follow it is a great start tonight. The HRRRRRRRRR looked good too but it’s a shit model IMO even in its short range. 

50 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

Not bad and 3KM looking strong too!

snku_acc.us_ne.png

24 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

RGEM is already more tucked at 9. I like where this is headed this evening...

19 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

Yep. So far. 

EDIT:  Improving...

I’m nothing but positive boys! When it looks like shit I’m likely to be more quiet!

Anyway - great to be able to post with enthusiasts in ‘relatively” the same backyard!  

• Like 4

This storm is unique because a potent little shortwave (keep your eye on lower Michigan at hour 40) drops into the deepening trough right when the surface low is rapidly deepening. This extra little piece of energy actually rounds the entire base of the trough (closing off a few times) which really amplifies the entire system.  That's definitely an interesting wildcard and why numerous lows are popping all over the place downstream.  

rgem_z500_vort_eus_fh30-80.thumb.gif.0a3c0ea2c931346d191a529ecb82ef0f.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1