• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Nor'easter snow storm (possible top 20) Noon Wednesday-Noon Thursday Dec 16-17, 2020

wdrag

1 hour ago, lee59 said:

Look I hope your correct but with ocean temperatures well into the 40s and a low near the coast or even slightly inland, how does Long Island get over a foot of snow. We need the low offshore with a Northeast wind, not an east wind which is what it will be if the GFS is correct. Hopefully the Euro stays more offshore and ends up being correct

Ocean temps are still low 50s lol

3 minutes ago, nycsnow said:

Almost every model brought nyc area back to double digits tonight! Even with taking a few inches off for sleet

Yep agree. Looks like a 6-10 inch storm if you subtract the sleet. Now if the sleet doesn't happen then the 12+ amounts will happen. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, shadowsintherain said:

How is it all snow? According to those maps I'm seeing tons and tons of sleet on the south shore, no?

The free version put out by pivotal is "lower in resolution." Paid access will yield higher res maps. With that said there's still a threat for mixing on the south shore.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, shadowsintherain said:

Yeah, not loving that 540 line above the city and island on both of those panes. Hmm... What a PITA this forecast must be for the pros. Good God! That being said. That's 2.0" liquid verbatim. Wow. 

I'm wondering if the models have the warmth wrong if heavy precip falls

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

I'm wondering if the models have the warmth wrong if heavy precip falls

One can only hope. I would imagine if a wall of snow starts to fall, the entire column should cool. But, I am not nearly experienced enough to know if that is indeed the case. The southerly winds off the water will be significant. Let's hope to low goes even further east tomorrow!

• Like 1