Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

MAG5035

8 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i was thinking the same. 

Still portends to be an interesting weather event either way as almost all the Globals show a retrograding, Sandy like solution so lots of back building talk.  2016 was technically a Miller B I believe but had a precip swath more like an A so more safety from screw jobs.    We do have a great shot at decent snows with the WAA here. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Still portends to be an interesting weather event either way as almost all the Globals show a retrograding, Sandy like solution so lots of back building talk.  2016 was technically a Miller B I believe but had a precip swath more like an A so more safety from screw jobs.    We do have a great shot at decent snows with the WAA here. 

And to add to that the retrograde as depicted would give ample time for ccb’s/deform to really do its thingy. 

models should start to show that soon. 

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes, the 6z GFS & GEFS both continued to move to a more Euro/EPS like solution.

5F2835B1-DEEA-43FC-8C05-9AA4D2185196.png

BC533994-7F04-4BAA-A415-F4334E3CA0D9.png

Goalposts narrowing with all of us in them. 
just need euro to stop the northern ticks. 
As cold is on the way out that’s a concern, but I’m just being picky right now and I don’t want us to fail.  

9 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The EPS also delivered the goods again for CTP. Great cluster of coastal hugger ensemble member lows and a picture perfect mean low track for a classic CTP snowstorm.

B401CCBC-5120-40F8-885E-90A70C28F849.png

Catching up here with coffee.   Reading ma thread psuhoffman points out that the op is a northwest outlier so this could adjust back south.   Either way this is an exciting storm 

Good seeing the GFS making a move towards the Euro!  Would have hated the Euro and CMC caving to the GFS.

It appears that the NWS was going with the GFS. 

Going with a warmer
scenario (which is the GFS), kept the chance of a snow/sleet
mix along the southern tier and even mentioned some FZRA across
the Laurels where max layer wet bulb temps rise to around +5C
late Sunday night and Monday morning. The bottom line is it is
way too early for snow/ice amounts and type with things certain to change.

Just now, anotherman said:

My bet is that it adjusts back south just a bit.

My take is that the storms jackpot heavy snow area keeps expanding once the qpf starts adjusting up.   DC and points north 2ft amounts.  A storms crawling up the coast could be one of biggest storms in the last 25 years.   Once NAM comes into range, it will start spitting out 36-48” amounts.   This one is why I got into weather. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

My take is that the storms jackpot heavy snow area keeps expanding once the qpf starts adjusting up.   DC and points north 2ft amounts.  A storms crawling up the coast could be one of biggest storms in the last 25 years.   Once NAM comes into range, it will start spitting out 36-48” amounts.   This one is why I got into weather. 

Now that is quite a statement.  I hope you're right.  Did you see all the analog storms for this one?