Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Western Pa / Pittsburgh area Winter Discussion ❄️☃️

north pgh

2 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

Yes, and I’ll stay greedy, lol!

it’s just we’ve seen this kind of thing many times and I’ve been screwed many times.  I hope it isn’t one of those.

We live in the wrong region to be greedy lol. Last week's 11" was the third largest storm in the past two decades. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, SteelCity87 said:

We live in the wrong region to be greedy lol. Last week's 11" was the third largest storm in the past two decades. :lol:

Greedy for me is 4”, :lol:.  I definitely don’t expect two feet for any storm.  I just want a few inches, at any opportunity, as that’s how we reach our average.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

Greedy for me is 4”, :lol:.  I definitely don’t expect two feet for any storm.  I just want a few inches, at any opportunity, as that’s how we reach our average.

Haha. It's strange how storms work sometimes. When you're expecting 3" and get 5" you're elated. On the flip side you watch models all week hoping for 10" and when you end up with 6" you're letdown. 

54 minutes ago, SteelCity87 said:

Haha. It's strange how storms work sometimes. When you're expecting 3" and get 5" you're elated. On the flip side you watch models all week hoping for 10" and when you end up with 6" you're letdown. 

Absolutely, it can be a cruel game.  I'll hope for the best with this one, since all our events have overachieved this season. 

2 minutes ago, MikeB_01 said:

So far this is timing out to be pretty spot on with the models...

I was thinking the same thing, NAM had change to snow between 9 and 10 and that looks pretty good.

It's crazy how Allegheny always seems to have such a gradient North to South or East to West and this storm looks to be the same.

6 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Will say this....if we didn't get the storm last week, this would be the type of storm that would probably piss a lot of us off. We get 3 or 4 inches while Youngstown gets 8 lol.

It would be for sure, I think it being Christmas day and we will at least salvage a white one helps too. That being said I'm still tad aggravated to see 6-8 so close.:grinch: