Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Western Pa / Pittsburgh area Winter Discussion ❄️☃️

north pgh

22 minutes ago, Burghblizz said:

This is going to be tricky with timing. I can see a bit of a west trend where the post frontal snows have less precip

Yeah...these events are always rough. I like the fact the models are showing a general 2-4 or 3-6, but we also know that post frontal snows are usually fools gold.

Honestly though even an inch would be fine on Christmas.

A strange scenario to see the cut off low that brings such cold air yet has such an impressive ridge ahead of it. Its all timing and once this low cuts off, who knows how it will meander around. If it cuts off later we probably get through the rain faster and into the colder air. Ideally, we want to low to be cut off and slow down one the cold air is in place. The meandering low would give us plenty of energy to bring some nice snow rates.

Is the cold air going to drag through, or blast through ?
I want that classic rain to heavy snow burst.
That's what I'm hoping we get as well. I don't think the snow will last long once the front moves through, but it may be a very heavy burst of snow that gives us a few quick inches. Typically these changeover scenarios don't work out for us. Usually, it's maybe a dusting or half inch on the backend and we're done. I'm hoping this will be different with more wraparound moisture off of the low riding up the front.
  • Like 1