Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
MO/KS/AR/OK 2020-2021 "Winter" Discussion

JoMo

22 minutes ago, Mr. Kevin said:

Jomo, hopefully yall see some ice sleet. I'm in jonesboro ar and Saturday night I was tripping when I saw the gfs showing 13inches snow. Fun while it lasted. Just still not enough cold air yet. 

Yeah, I was hoping we would all see some snow, but it looks like a lot of freezing rain for someone. 

3 minutes ago, StormChazer said:

Considerable jump east, and the Euro has been following it recently.

FWIW Aaron Tuttle seems to think the Euro is too far west and will move east again. He also thinks there's good merit to what the HRRR was picking up on, on Wednesday.

I was on the same broadcast. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StormChazer said:

Considerable jump east, and the Euro has been following it recently.

FWIW Aaron Tuttle seems to think the Euro is too far west and will move east again. He also thinks there's good merit to what the HRRR was picking up on, on Wednesday.

That ICON run was very similar to the 12z Canadian as far as the track.  We’ll see what Canada has for us shortly.  

Anticipating some snow/sleet followed by a decent amount of freezing rain tomorrow morning into around noon in KC.. Some models want to hold onto freezing SFC temps into the mid afternoon, but i'm not so sure that'll come to fruition.

Fairly excited about the potential for an impressive storm on Friday, but still too far out to be that excited just yet.

7 minutes ago, rockchalk83 said:

06z ECMWF, 06z ICON and 12z NAM have shifted west with the storm. Would like to have it be 2-4 degrees colder because if not, someone is going to get a helluva ice storm. 

Nice stripe of snow on the backside, too. 

At this rate, it may end up west of you... :P