Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Severe Weather Event Possible Thursday, August 27, 2020

weatherwiz

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

NAM went south. More like far SW CT. That's the worry. We wedge.

that's more like it! 

When the universe ages to it's termination and ceases to exist... SPC will still be trying to place warm fronts too far NE into this sort of synoptic set up -

It's also possible ... yeah, that the NAM is over doing it with that.  I have actually seen the NAM be too aggressive with BD too - it's just not typically the case.  Most often, even the higher resolution runs will end up needing to correct SW ... 

So, if it is ideal 72 F with pancake feathery CU Golf weather where once stood a mighty enhanced wording...while there is far distant anvil wall on the absolute S/SW horizons during baseball hail at Trenton NJ don't be surprised. 

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

NAM went south. More like far SW CT. That's the worry. We wedge.

Might actually be a setup where you may want to be on the northern fringe of the warm front. That's where you'l not only maximize the shear but SR inflow may actually be from the warm sector so instability is  still being utilized. 

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Might actually be a setup where you may want to be on the northern fringe of the warm front. That's where you'l not only maximize the shear but SR inflow may actually be from the warm sector so instability is  still being utilized. 

Not with those temps..lol. This isn't like KS where you actually get CAPE just north of the WF. 

7 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Ladies and gentlemen... this is what we in Psycho-babble refer to as "bargaining" - ...it's a self-soothing tactical alternative in plausibility that is typically created to avoid having to face an inevitable painful reality...  

Using this as a predictive model, the subject will like experience a 'melt-down' as the next phase along the total acceptance of butt-bang arc to full recovery -

• Haha 3

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Not with those temps..lol. This isn't like KS where you actually get CAPE just north of the WF. 

I recall somewhat of a similar setup...forget there year but it was early 2010's. I think there was an EF-2 or even EF-3 around the Albany area which occurred with a supercell on the northern fringe of the warm front and they only had temperatures in the 60's. It was a crazy gradient with temps in PA near 90 and dews around 70. I remember chasing that day with my friend and we had gone into PA. Even though the temps were rather chilly the storm was drawing inflow from the southwest where instability was large 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

I recall somewhat of a similar setup...forget there year but it was early 2010's. I think there was an EF-2 or even EF-3 around the Albany area which occurred with a supercell on the northern fringe of the warm front and they only had temperatures in the 60's. It was a crazy gradient with temps in PA near 90 and dews around 70. I remember chasing that day with my friend and we had gone into PA. Even though the temps were rather chilly the storm was drawing inflow from the southwest where instability was large 

It can help...I guess for me, Id'want to be near and S of the front in this one. Sometimes hail is a bigger threat N of the front if you get good elevated CAPE.  But this setup is the balls if you are in that area. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

It can help...I guess for me, Id'want to be near and S of the front in this one. Sometimes hail is a bigger threat N of the front if you get good elevated CAPE.  But this setup is the balls if you are in that area. 

I don't argue that...was more of just throwing out a thought more than anything. 

See I thought/was under the false impression the 00z Euro had the boundary N of this...

image.thumb.png.54c641324f4135df8809842de763a3d0.png

If this is the boundary's mean position 12z ... there is nothing happening and this thread should be evaporated, unceremoniously as though a personal attack on convection enthusiasts to really nail the p.o.s.ness of this pattern home.. LOL

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I'd rather be more SW. Too close for comfort. 

Debating if I want to do BDL tomorrow or go towards SW CT. Just tough to find good areas with wide open views down there. Could do Newtown...there's a few spots I know. Danbury is a no-no given the COVID spike. 

23 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Like Kevin’s hood or slightly NE from there

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Debating if I want to do BDL tomorrow or go towards SW CT. Just tough to find good areas with wide open views down there. Could do Newtown...there's a few spots I know. Danbury is a no-no given the COVID spike. 

Some nice spots in Glastonbury/Hebron area too

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I'd target Danbury area. Just my guess.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

It seems that around here waiting/hoping for a warm front to go north is like waiting  by the phone for your hot ex girlfriend to call you. Both usually result in disappointment 

Hmm..several observations re that bold text. 

1 .. For anyone of this particular pre-occupation and engagement the words "hot" and "girlfriend" being used in the same turn of phrase - is akin to the vin diagram needed to decode one of my synoptic overviews prior to a pattern change ... 

2 .. And, that may be bargaining in itself, as though leveling that suggestion at us gives hope those two facets could ever be collocated in time ... ?  

2 .. why have a 'hot' girlfriend?   ...beyond the carnal desire for one, that is... It's far more likely and healthy, both physically and spiritually... to find a committed woman/man ( depending on how one identifies themself) in the aggregate population... One's that are more homely, vaguely tolerable to look at, and can even laugh... they stay compared to glib individuals that have been enabled by looks and therefore never really learned humility for their journeys to date. That's why those are "ex" and "hot" in the same turn of phrase - that was the problem in the first place.  Those types often have oddly working internal appraisal compasses - if at all - pointing more inwards, and thus don't so readily recognize or appreciate true beauty in another individual .. Oh they say they do, if they've learned societal conventions and stop short of allowing their placated existence from turning them into sociopaths.. But, you're likely to fare better odds with a 7/10 lady/dude with her/his head screwed on straight any day over 9.2 with her/his head up some kind of Princess/Prince complexed lagging developmental ass ..any day.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

1 .. For anyone of this particular pre-occupation and engagement the words "hot" and "girlfriend" being used in the same turn of phrase - is akin to the vin diagram needed to decode one of my synoptic overviews prior to a pattern change ... 

2 .. And, that may be bargaining in itself, as though leveling that suggestion at us gives hope that could ever collocated in time ... ?  

2 .. why have a 'hot' girlfriend?   ...beyond the carnal desire for one, that is... It's far more likely and healthy, both physically and spiritually... to find a committed woman/man ( depending on how one identifies themself) in the aggregate population... One's that are more homely, vaguely tolerable to look at, and can even laugh... they stay compared to glib individuals that have been enabled by looks and therefore never really learned humility for their journeys to date. That's why those are "ex" and "hot" in the same turn of phrase - that was the problem in the first place.  Those types often have oddly working internal appraisal compasses - if at all - pointing more inwards, and thus don't so readily recognize or appreciate true beauty in another individual.  You'd like fair better odds with a 7/10 lady/dude with her/his head screwed on straight any day over 9.2 with her/his head up some kind of Princess/Prince complexed laggging developmental ass ..any day.  

Well I asked my wife and she said no anyway so.... lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

2 .. And, that may be bargaining in itself, as though leveling that suggestion at us gives hope that could ever collocated in time ... ?  

2 .. why have a 'hot' girlfriend?   ...beyond the carnal desire for one, that is... It's far more likely and healthy, both physically and spiritually... to find a committed woman/man ( depending on how one identifies themself) in the aggregate population... One's that are more homely, vaguely tolerable to look at, and can even laugh... they stay compared to glib individuals that have been enabled by looks and therefore never really learned humility for their journeys to date. That's why those are "ex" and "hot" in the same turn of phrase - that was the problem in the first place.  Those types often have oddly working internal appraisal compasses - if at all - pointing more inwards, and thus don't so readily recognize or appreciate true beauty in another individual ..they say they do, if they've learned societal conventions and stop short of allowing their placated existence from turning them into sociopaths.. But, you're likely to fare better odds with a 7/10 lady/dude with her/his head screwed on straight any day over 9.2 with her/his head up some kind of Princess/Prince complexed laggging developmental ass ..any day.  

IDK you really need to get out. So many "hot"intelligent women who are dedicated, loving and great people. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Debating if I want to do BDL  NJ tomorrow or go a longer road trip into eastern PA  towards SW CT. Just tough to find good areas with wide open views down there close to Philadelphia's mall-town skyline. Could do Newtown Georgia if I really set my mind to it...there's a few spots I know that require half the planet's geographical distance to clear from the BD's reality. Danbury is a no-no given the COVID spike. 

agreed...

• Haha 1