• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

15 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Sounds like all bars closed, restaurants at 25% capacity (I bet many do not do that and just close) and all business offices closed if they can telework.   He also alluded to no schools if things get worse. 

I'm not in the restaurant biz, but how can they make money at 25% (which includes staff)? I agree, they'll shut down and go back to take out.

check out the string of days..................Friday well into next week also Saturday and Sunday are smokin 96 & 98

26 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I'm not in the restaurant biz, but how can they make money at 25% (which includes staff)? I agree, they'll shut down and go back to take out.

check out the string of days..................Friday well into next week. Saturday and Sunday are smokin

I am guessing they mean 25% of patrons but yea most places will either ignore it or close down.  Freedom Fighters vs. Libs

12 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i'm almost certain the 25% capacity includes employees. though i'm usually incorrect. 

I could very well be wrong as I was assuming the best.  If it does that is all the worse!  At 25% most places could get by with just 3-4 employees for the inside stuff.  More if doing take out.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

i'm almost certain the 25% capacity includes employees. though i'm usually incorrect. 

25% of safety approved capacity is what they are basing off of.  Yeah if that includes employees...small venues wont be worth opening the doors.  

and no....they cannot survive at 25%.  What business can?  If someone can name one....let me know where to send my resume.

30 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Low, dark clouds streaming in from my east this morning. Sitting at 73 right now...today's temp is all about cloud cover. I could see temps holding in the 70s or making a run at 90 depending on the wind direction...

Yeah, every hour of clouds is a win, and especially for my son who is in heavy equipment/laborer or an excavating company.  He said he drank over 2 gal of water yesterday, and came home ass draggin.....

33 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

25% of safety approved capacity is what they are basing off of.  Yeah if that includes employees...small venues wont be worth opening the doors.  

and no....they cannot survive at 25%.  What business can?  If someone can name one....let me know where to send my resume.

Hospitalization rates don't even support something like this. I can tell you that because I live in the world of it. The whole "new" order, not law, doesn't even make sense to me. Anyways, back to the weather it is the only weather we got. Cloudy here right now hope we can have a nice sunny weekend to head out to the pool!

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, paweather said:

Hospitalization rates don't even support something like this. I can tell you that because I live in the world of it. The whole "new" order, not law, doesn't even make sense to me. Anyways, back to the weather it is the only weather we got. Cloudy here right now hope we can have a nice sunny weekend to head out to the pool!

If you watched the conference he spent much of the time saying "We do not want to be the next Florida" re: I guess he is saying that would be coming here again.  

Like @pasnownut said these clouds are a great bonus this AM.  Makes being outside not so bad though a bit humid.  Hopefully that humidity turns into some rain. 

3 minutes ago, paweather said:

I know two people in the area that have died to it. My cousins wife's parents both were on ventilators in april for a month. The father died because he wasn't getting better. Back in June my old coworker had a future in law that had to have both legs amputated, had multiple organs failing and she died because they waited too long to go to the hospital. She was only 40 and completely healthy. I also barely follow anyone on twitter and have seen multiple people I follow catching it and ending up sick. I'm sick of people saying this stuff.

Anyyywayy...we might have a close run in to 100 on sunday possibly...the pool water at my parents place is scorching right now.

• Like 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

If you watched the conference he spent much of the time saying "We do not want to be the next Florida" re: I guess he is saying that would be coming here again.  

Like @pasnownut said these clouds are a great bonus this AM.  Makes being outside not so bad though a bit humid.  Hopefully that humidity turns into some rain. 

I do hope you get some rain. 

7 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

I know two people in the area that have died to it. My cousins wife's parents both were on ventilators in april for a month. The father died because he wasn't getting better. Back in June my old coworker had a future in law that had to have both legs amputated, had multiple organs failing and she died because they waited too long to go to the hospital. She was only 40 and completely healthy. I also barely follow anyone on twitter and have seen multiple people I follow catching it and ending up sick. I'm sick of people saying this stuff.

Anyyywayy...we might have a close run in to 100 on sunday possibly...the pool water at my parents place is scorching right now.

Sorry to hear this. It happens unfortunately but there also needs to be a balance between keeping our economy open and businesses open (versus Walmart and Lowes etc being opened) What is the difference? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is the only post that I will make concerning the virus and anything related to it - 

I'm not going to make posts regarding the virus. :) Too many threads have already been shut down for one reason or another. We all know that this carries a lot of emotions and for some of us it's quite personal. My lack of response is not indicative of anything more than just wanting to keep peace and not allow myself to get too emotionally involved in this forum. I've had a few disagreements and caused some hard feelings in the past and I'm keeping myself in line and only ask that if you choose to discuss Covid in our thread that you maintain respect for other's thoughts and opinions. We really are a great group and I hope we keep our thread clean and free of the nastiness that has occurred elsewhere. (to this point everyone in this thread has been amazing...let's keep it that way)

That said, it's mostly cloudy and 74.4 here. Loving some easterly fetch in July!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

This is the only post that I will make concerning the virus and anything related to it - 

I'm not going to make posts regarding the virus. :) Too many threads have already been shut down for one reason or another. We all know that this carries a lot of emotions and for some of us it's quite personal. My lack of response is not indicative of anything more than just wanting to keep peace and not allow myself to get too emotionally involved in this forum. I've had a few disagreements and caused some hard feelings in the past and I'm keeping myself in line and only ask that if you choose to discuss Covid in our thread that you maintain respect for other's thoughts and opinions. We really are a great group and I hope we keep our thread clean and free of the nastiness that has occurred elsewhere. (to this point everyone in this thread has been amazing...let's keep it that way)

That said, it's mostly cloudy and 74.4 here. Loving some easterly fetch in July!

WELL SAID! I have no hard feelings for anyone on here at all. and there views and different views that each of us may have. And opinions are all respected by me for sure. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

Yeah, every hour of clouds is a win, and especially for my son who is in heavy equipment/laborer or an excavating company.  He said he drank over 2 gal of water yesterday, and came home ass draggin.....

months like this, i don't miss working construction. 

anyone keeping track, will we/can we break the record for 90 degree days for July?

34 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Unfortunately it can/does get ugly sometimes, but as you stated rather eloquently, it carries a lot of emotions and is quite personal for a myriad of reasons, but having said that, there are MANY different stories, and I want to remind people that we live in an era that we typically hear about the bad ones, as they are more "newsworthy", and not the oh he/she recovered so who really cares (like my 92 yr old aunt this is recovered at her LTC facility).  One must consider how many have recovered knowingly/unknowingly, and that # (98-99+%) by far and away outnumbers the tragic stories that we read every day (but surely doesn't diminish the sadness of them).  That variable will always be the albatross wrt CV 19 and responses thereof.  Like it or not, we've all seen or heard about distortion of data, and based on the gravity of those actions, it has been troubling at best.  It is happening to varying degrees, and that's concerning.  A quick google search supports the validity of that claim.  

No one should leave any forum butthurt or pissed when "fired upon"... I know I sometimes leave scratching my head in disbelief, or wow...i just learned something, or just take a break when I'm outnumbered/browbeat...or wrong (yes....it can happen...lol). 

I hate how Voyager likes warmth and will troll him for it (mid winter mind you :P), but id gladly drink a beer w/ him, and consider all here my weather pals, and I think he/everyone knows that by now.   

Whether we think alike or not, its all good, as we learn the most from the ones we have the least in common with, as it broadens ones spectrum of values/beliefs, or self awareness.  That IS a good thing.  Not sure what happened to the NE covid forum, but a lot of good data was shared, and yes, debated, but a lot of factual stuff was presented, and emotion was kept in check, but I'm guessing it was getting a little to ripe for the mods (i was away when it did).  

Hang in there gang, we aren't outta da woods by a long shot, but we ARE in it together.  

Sauss, do a big ol' belly flop for us tonight....sorta feels appropriate for the times.  

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

Unfortunately it can/does get ugly sometimes, but as you stated rather eloquently, it carries a lot of emotions and is quite personal for a myriad of reasons, but having said that, there are MANY different stories, and I want to remind people that we live in an era that we typically hear about the bad ones, as they are more "newsworthy", and not the oh he/she recovered so who really cares (like my 92 yr old aunt this is recovered at her LTC facility).  One must consider how many have recovered knowingly/unknowingly, and that # (98-99+%) by far and away outnumbers the tragic stories that we read every day (but surely doesn't diminish the sadness of them).  That variable will always be the albatross wrt CV 19 and responses thereof.  Like it or not, we've all seen or heard about distortion of data, and based on the gravity of those actions, it has been troubling at best.  It is happening to varying degrees, and that's concerning.  A quick google search supports the validity of that claim.  

No one should leave any forum butthurt or pissed when "fired upon"... I know I sometimes leave scratching my head in disbelief, or wow...i just learned something, or just take a break when I'm outnumbered/browbeat...or wrong (yes....it can happen...lol). 

I hate how Voyager likes warmth and will troll him for it (mid winter mind you :P), but id gladly drink a beer w/ him, and consider all here my weather pals, and I think he/everyone knows that by now.   

Whether we think alike or not, its all good, as we learn the most from the ones we have the least in common with, as it broadens ones spectrum of values/beliefs, or self awareness.  That IS a good thing.  Not sure what happened to the NE covid forum, but a lot of good data was shared, and yes, debated, but a lot of factual stuff was presented, and emotion was kept in check, but I'm guessing it was getting a little to ripe for the mods (i was away when it did).  

Hang in there gang, we aren't outta da woods by a long shot, but we ARE in it together.  

Sauss, do a big ol' belly flop for us tonight....sorta feels appropriate for the times.  

I simply can’t imagine the absolute detachment from reality you have to have to call this fake at this point. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

A lot of the ponds out your way have dried up from the lack of rainfall. I just felt like in the best interest of everyone that we shouldn't be fishing. :) 

Did you just change your Location to Historic Maytown or has "Historic"  always been there?    Ha.  I might have to end some adjectives on to mine. 

27 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Did you just change your Location to Historic Maytown or has "Historic"  always been there?    Ha.  I might have to end some adjectives on to mine. 

Good for you! :) I changed it a few weeks ago, it used to say "1 mile east of the mighty Susquehanna", which could mean pretty much anywhere 1 mile east of the Susquehanna from NY down to MD, LOL. I wanted to make my location a wee bit more accurate, Mr. Parched. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KPITSnow said:

I simply can’t imagine the absolute detachment from reality you have to have to call this fake at this point. 

Your retinas are the only thing detached. Never for a second called it fake. Please share proof?  Back to putting words in peeps mouth are we?  You should have learned not to do that from your time in NE forum.

back to weather. Still mostly cloudy here. Pleasant surprise today. 

• Thanks 2
  • Weenie 1

30 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

excellent advice. 

What about drankin?

25 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

I’m in. 

GFS did look wet in longer range. Wondering how much of it evaporates from the blowtorch next week. 

Well, my wife and I were running errands at lunchtime when she asked me to stop at the distributor...so I guess that's a sign. :) 

• Haha 1