• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

2 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

I’d consider anything this time of the year a huge bonus. I’ve never seen accumulating snow of any kind in my lifetime in May, not even a dusting. I’ve seen mangeled flakes and grapple in May before but that’s it. 

I dont remember the year had to be late 90s or early 2000s saw 2" mothers day weekend if I remember correctly. 

9 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Pretty much praying for an inch now but tomorrow's squalls look more juicy anyway. Gonna feel like a mid winter day even in between the possible squalls. Hoping whoever has to go on the roads are ready for them.

Yeah you're a bit too far south. HRRRRRRRRRRR has been ticking better run by run, at least for here. Squalls could be an added bonus. Time will tell

29 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

It's snowing here. May 8th midday... :cliff:

I made a post in mid-April about being rather amazed to see "real" snow falling in the middle of the day (big flakes, sticking easily...like look out the window and it could be January).  Fast forward to May 8 at 1115 am and same exact thing!  Gentle mid-winter snow parachuting down.  Unreal.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Yeah you're a bit too far south. HRRRRRRRRRRR has been ticking better run by run, at least for here. Squalls could be an added bonus. Time will tell

Hoping for the best with the squalls. Regardless by Memorial Day we'll all be installing our Air Conditioners and this'll be but a passing memory in the wind as we roast in 80 degree/65+ dew point heat 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Hoping for the best with the squalls. Regardless by Memorial Day we'll all be installing our Air Conditioners and this'll be but a passing memory in the wind as we roast in 80 degree/65+ dew point heat 

Yeah, looking like a switch will be flipped late month. Until then enjoy March, I mean May 8th 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ericjcrash said:

Yeah, looking like a switch will be flipped late month. Until then enjoy March, I mean May 8th 

Looks like my switch could commence later next week. 10 day forecast slowly surges us up until we hit near-70 by next Saturday and only goes up from there.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

This is pretty historic and rare so lets post about it. Some heavy stuff over Canada. 

codnexlab.NEXRAD.BUF.N0Q.20200508.1519.024ani.gif

when I saw that band over the niagara peninsula this morning I was sure it was birds or insects...its gotta be sticking there.

• Like 2

I feel like this current NH snow cover image is a good indication of why our springs more often than not are horrible (cold, wet, cloudy, snowy).  Snow cover persists towards the 45th parallel right over our heads, whereas the rest of the NH is snow free up to the 60th parallel.  Perfect recipe for our spring "perma-troughs", and certainly a clear pathway for polar air to slide into our region with accompanying fat fluffy snowflakes.  And during the middle of the day 6 weeks from the freaking summer solstice no less.  

ims2020128.gif

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

I feel like this current NH snow cover image is a good indication of why our springs more often than not are horrible (cold, wet, cloudy, snowy).  Snow cover persists towards the 45th parallel right over our heads, whereas the rest of the NH is snow free up to the 60th parallel.  Perfect recipe for our spring "perma-troughs", and certainly a clear pathway for polar air to slide into our region with accompanying fat fluffy snowflakes.  And during the middle of the day 6 weeks from the freaking summer solstice no less.  

ims2020128.gif

It really is incredible. 6 weeks from the most powerful sun of the year. 6 weeks after June 21st is beginning of August and usually the warmest time of year. 

Okay so I have legit moderate snow coming down and sticking right now at Noon in May 8th. The temperature has dropped from 38 degrees when I got up at 8 am to 33 degrees currently at Noon. The most incredible cold airmass I have seen this late in the season ever. If we manage to pick up measurable snow at the airport will it count towards 19-20 season or 20-21 season? lol :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WesterlyWx said:

Okay so I have legit moderate snow coming down and sticking right now at Noon in May 8th. The temperature has dropped from 38 degrees when I got up at 8 am to 33 degrees currently at Noon. The most incredible cold airmass I have seen this late in the season ever. If we manage to pick up measurable snow at the airport will it count towards 19-20 season or 20-21 season lol :P

Pics please. I haven't seen snow in the ground since April 27 

• Haha 1