Total Members
    Most Online
    LostInSomers
    Newest Member
    LostInSomers
George BM

April Banter 2020

23 minutes ago, RDM said:

Moving this over here...   That's about where I'm at on the solar array too.  Been cleaning off the array with water every couple months to try to baby it along.  But the crazing is getting worse and overall the diminishing performance indicates it's time to look at a replacement.  Gotten nearly 10 years about of our Davis Vantage Vue, which I guess isn't bad.  Wondering if moving up to a Pro is worth the expense, or perhaps trying one of the options from Ambient Weather or Acurite.  Their color displays look entertaining.  Those 2 and Davis seem to be the big 3 in the weenie wannabe home weather market.  If you or anyone else has suggestions, I'm all ears.  Heck, if I still had the head unit for my old Heathkit base station I'd put it up for nostalgic purposes.  

10 years is great. Mine is just over 7 years old and that’s a good life for the solar array. Sounds like you’ll need to send it off for repair

12 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

MUCH better evening. 

Glad to hear.  I'm guessing they get some defensive help in the late rounds.

5 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

That trade with the Patriots out of the 60 spot, giving them 4 third round picks was classic Ravens. That allowed them to fill a lot of needs. I didn't know a lot about Duvernay, but he looks like an immediate contributor- has great speed and apparently never drops a ball. 

Ravens look to have yet another solid draft.  No surprise there.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Well, this DFH 120 min IPA will never get to age either.

I'm opening up a 120 min tonight about 6 weeks old . Looking forward to it :thumbsup:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I'm opening up a 120 min tonight about 6 weeks old . Looking forward to it :thumbsup:

I enjoyed mine.B)

• Weenie 1

10 hours ago, mappy said:

10 years is great. Mine is just over 7 years old and that’s a good life for the solar array. Sounds like you’ll need to send it off for repair

Mine is around the 10 year mark as well. Replacing the back up battery about once a year. 

• Like 1

i haven’t looked but are some still worried about global warming? or they more worried about viruses?   

I could go for a good ol' Orioles vs Yankees baseball game right about now while I sip on this DFH 120 min.

But listening to ...late 70s - 80s New Wave / Alternative music will have to do B)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Man I really need some sports, NHL playoffs would be in full swing right now. 

Players reporting to camps on June 1 is the latest NHL news. Seems like we’ll get modified summer hockey!

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Players reporting to camps on June 1 is the latest NHL news. Seems like we’ll get modified summer hockey!

Really?!?!? They have to finish up the regular season.  I wonder how many games they play.  I wonder what the playoffs would look like. 

19 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I dunno... no one else is reportedly saying that but one ex player on Twitter

22 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Really?!?!? They have to finish up the regular season.  I wonder how many games they play.  I wonder what the playoffs would look like. 

Yeah something like they are picking an arena per division where games would be played this summer - not sure what that means for regular season vs playoffs. Lots of rumors floating around so who knows but I’d love hockey playoffs this summer!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wgrz.com/amp/article/sports/nhl/report-nhl-looks-to-reopen-season-at-regional-sites/71-f7a0f354-e83f-41a1-b090-2fe508fb6d03

9 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Yeah something like they are picking an arena per division where games would be played this summer - not sure what that means for regular season vs playoffs. Lots of rumors floating around so who knows but I’d love hockey playoffs this summer!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wgrz.com/amp/article/sports/nhl/report-nhl-looks-to-reopen-season-at-regional-sites/71-f7a0f354-e83f-41a1-b090-2fe508fb6d03

Go Caps!!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Yeah... but we wait 2 months still for hockey per the article and quote below.  Plus if they do the regional arenas that they discuss, we (all of the Metro division) would likely be playing the rest of the regular season games on the Hurricanes home ice... and I would guess that we would stay there for playoff hockey as well

Of course nothing can happen until health officials give the go ahead. If the season is resumed its unlikely to happen in June, it maybe July at the earliest. And if it does happen it would likely be done in empty arenas or with limited fans in the stands, according to the report.

Just now, yoda said:

Yeah... but we wait 2 months still for hockey per the article.  Plus if they do the regional arenas that they discuss, we (all of the Metro division) would likely be playing games on the Hurricanes home ice

Hockey played at Canes arena > no hockey 

• Like 1

Just now, nj2va said:

Hockey played at Canes arena > no hockey 

True... but likely means no fans attending and no one gets "home ice advantage" per se.  Still wonder how that would work in a best of 5 or even 7 series in the playoffs

The famous Andino walkoff to end the redsox season in 2011. Also this game was the start of the orioles relevance. They had a five year stretch from 2012 - 2016 with the best record in the AL.

This pic puts a smile on my face but also makes me sad that Hardy,Jones,weiters are all gone. 

127537604.jpg.0.jpg

• Like 5

Totally unrelated to anything, but if anyone likes crispy beef and is ever in the Pikesville area, Jumbo Seafood on Sudbrook Rd has the best crispy beef and string beans ever. It’s like vegetables and candy. So darn good!

eta: I also got a real fortune last night and not some dumb proverb, but I don’t know if it’s good or bad.

7C9308D9-301C-4407-B15E-5AFED75B4AA6.jpeg.8de3e8b55106bbc66e6201dbf7e08719.jpeg

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Mine is around the 10 year mark as well. Replacing the back up battery about once a year. 

That’s how mine started a couple years ago

• Like 1

Took the power washer out since this seems like a good weather day to do that and the engine seized up:wacko:

So, a few youtube videos and a Walmart online order and I'll be in business again in another 10 days.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Took the power washer out since this seems like a good weather day to do that and the engine seized up:wacko:

So, a few youtube videos and a Walmart online order and I'll be in business again in another 10 days.  

I've seen a few times that if not all the water is discharged before winter storage on a std gas powered pw( kept outside in a shed for ex) the water can freeze and expand and crack the block :yikes:. Ofcouse this past non winter this wouldn't be as common around here lol.