• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

11 hours ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Well being that children under 12 are getting sick now not really shady at all

Children were always getting and eligible for infection, exhibiting more symptoms now because the delta variant reproduces more quickly. Still not a serious risk for most healthy kids. 

The % vaccinated has always been publicly presented in context to the eligible group, not the entire population. Suddenly changing it to present a negative, fearful spin is shady. 

• Like 1

I know this is only one area but you can find a lot of articles like this..

School is right around the corner..

Hankins said that in previous surges, at most, 2%-3% of child hospitalizations were coronavirus-related. The majority of those cases were kids in their teens with pre-existing health conditions.

Now, 10% of child hospitalizations are coronavirus-related, with half of those young patients in the ICU. Hankins said the Delta variant is also hospitalizing children without any underlying medical conditions.

“It definitely seems to be attacking these children differently, so more aggressive. So it not only spreads more easily but for the population of children, it also seems to be more aggressive,” Hankins said.

• Like 1

More Florida children were hospitalized with COVID-19 on Tuesday than in any other state, reflecting a rapid rise in serious illness among an age group considered to be at the lowest risk of severe outcomes from the disease and many still not eligible for the vaccine.

A total of 46 pediatric patients were admitted to a Florida hospital with a confirmed infection while an additional 22 were hospitalized with a suspected case, according to the federal government’s hospital capacity data.

Only Texas reported a higher total number of pediatric patients in hospitals with confirmed COVID-19 on Tuesday — 142 children — compared to 135 in Florida.

• Like 1

This is the main"underlying health condition" in children..No kid should suffer or potentially die from a very treatable condition..My girl has had it her entire life and she's doing fine at the age of 35..

Asthma is the most common chronic condition among children,1 currently affecting an estimated 6.1 million children under 18 years, of which 3.5 million suffered from an asthma attack or episode in 2016.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

This is the main"underlying health condition" in children..No kid should suffer or potentially die from a very treatable condition..My girl has had it her entire life and she's doing fine at the age of 35..

Asthma is the most common chronic condition among children,1 currently affecting an estimated 6.1 million children under 18 years, of which 3.5 million suffered from an asthma attack or episode in 2016.

I had asthma until I was 16 and then it went away on its own. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

I've read in studies that asthma in children can be caused by giving them acetaminophen too frequently when under the age of 1. Also, children that swim in pools frequently with chlorine at higher levels.

• Like 1

Interesting...would LOVE to see China's servers hacked for the info they purposely withheld from the world....

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/05/politics/covid-origins-genetic-data-wuhan-lab/index.html

This giant catalog of information contains genetic blueprints drawn from virus samples studied at the lab in Wuhan, China which some officials believe may have been the source of the Covid-19 outbreak, multiple people familiar with the matter tell CNN.
It's unclear exactly how or when US intelligence agencies gained access to the information, but the machines involved in creating and processing this kind of genetic data from viruses are typically connected to external cloud-based servers -- leaving open the possibility they were hacked, sources said.

19 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Interesting...would LOVE to see China's servers hacked for the info they purposely withheld from the world....

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/05/politics/covid-origins-genetic-data-wuhan-lab/index.html

This giant catalog of information contains genetic blueprints drawn from virus samples studied at the lab in Wuhan, China which some officials believe may have been the source of the Covid-19 outbreak, multiple people familiar with the matter tell CNN.
It's unclear exactly how or when US intelligence agencies gained access to the information, but the machines involved in creating and processing this kind of genetic data from viruses are typically connected to external cloud-based servers -- leaving open the possibility they were hacked, sources said.

The rest of the world needs to put them and North Korea on trial. There's a few others I would add to that list . 

Insisting it’s “the right thing” to do and saying critics are “lying” about the issue, Gov. Phil Murphy formally announced Friday there will be a statewide mandate in New Jersey schools for all students in kindergarten through 12th grade, as well as staff members and visitors, to wear masks indoors at the start of the new academic year to help fight rising COVID-19 numbers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/education/2021/08/murphy-unveils-nj-school-mask-mandate-as-some-parents-protest-he-says-mask-opponents-are-lying.html%3foutputType=amp

8 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

So I'm starting to plan my Alaska trip for next year so I can rent a car for under $350 a day. Targeting June. Check out this place

Hikers take in the view of the Harding Icefield. In the foreground, bearberry turns a brilliant red

https://www.nps.gov/kefj/index.htm

I need to visit Alaska at some point. I know a few people who work in the NWS offices up there, as well as the State Climatologist. There's just sooooooo much good hiking up there. I still want to go to Fairbanks in the winter, but the wife said, "Absolutely not!" 

Idk why she would think that :whistle:

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Despite 50 percent fully vaccinated Florida continues to break hospitalizations records. This variant is something serious 

Not 50% fully vaccinated, the report shows only 32% fully vaccinated so that's why hospitalizations are up compare to New York that has 71% fully vaccinated and the hospitalizations are low. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Despite 50 percent fully vaccinated Florida continues to break hospitalizations records. This variant is something serious 

I have a friend in Tampa who is 38. This is part of his post on Facebook 

“ been stuck in the house for a week now, barely eating, trying to keep the fevers down, crazy crazy pain.This is pretty much the worst I've ever felt in my life. It's hard to keep a single thought in my cloudy head. Promise I'll catch up soon. Stay safe guys!

healthy and not overweight. A little bit scary tbh

i still blame covid for my panic attack episode in January. I think further down the road we will really see how much of an issue “brain fog” truly is 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I have a friend in Tampa who is 38. This is part of his post on Facebook 

“ been stuck in the house for a week now, barely eating, trying to keep the fevers down, crazy crazy pain.This is pretty much the worst I've ever felt in my life. It's hard to keep a single thought in my cloudy head. Promise I'll catch up soon. Stay safe guys!

healthy and not overweight. A little bit scary tbh

i still blame covid for my panic attack episode in January. I think further down the road we will really see how much of an issue “brain fog” truly is 

Did you get an antibody test? Might confirm.

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic