• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

30 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

In other news, how 'bout those Giants?  Thank Odin that the Detroit Lions still exist as almost inarguably the worst NFL franchise.  I never thought I'd see the bad ol' days of the 1960s-70's again with this franchise but here we are.  

We must be about the same age.

I can never let my buddy the Giants fan forget about the Miracle at the Meadowlands.

I just have to say "Pisarcik hands off to Csonka" and it gets ugly!

https://imasportsphile.com/nfl-1978-special-miracle-at-the-meadowlands-giants-qb-pisarcik-fumbles-on-last-play-of-game/

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, cny rider said:

We must be about the same age.

I can never let my buddy the Giants fan forget about the Miracle at the Meadowlands.

I just have to say "Pisarcik hands off to Csonka" and it gets ugly!

https://imasportsphile.com/nfl-1978-special-miracle-at-the-meadowlands-giants-qb-pisarcik-fumbles-on-last-play-of-game/

I found you and @Syrmax...

image.jpeg.a68eefa26cfd8484a3653d35855848b7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Weenie 1

14 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Sad day in the football world:(

Screenshot_20211228-203140.png

I'm heartbroken.  It feels like another part of my youth is gone.  When he and Summerall came on the air, you knew you were about to watch a big game.  I also have fond memories of my mom always coming through to buy the new Madden video game for me every Christmas as a kid.  Also a great, great coach.  He has the highest winning percentage of any coach in NFL history who qualifies for the all-time list.  John's legacy will live on forever.  Rest easy, coach.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

If anyone wants a good laugh and has NFLX, watch Don't Look Up.  Holy crap its funny. I'm only halfway through but wow!

I rarely watch any movies, but we just watched it and found it hysterical, too!  On a related note, I think Leonardo DiCaprio is the best actor out there.  He has played so many different roles so well over many years….this movie is another example of a new character.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Buckeyes_Suck said:

If anyone wants to be amused I threw some bricks at the beehive over in the "official" OT.

I disagree with your jab about "only professionals" have the opportunity to work from home. Low blow, and wreaks of the arrogance that ticks people off about "business people" and "conservatives."

Dude, you're better than that, I hope.

2 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

I disagree with your jab about "only professionals" have the opportunity to work from home. Low blow, and wreaks of the arrogance that ticks people off about "business people" and "conservatives."

Dude, you're better than that, I hope.

It wasn’t meant that way, it was only meant to be a jab at trix working at micky D’sThere was another post where I clarified. 

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Ohhh, ok. Has she shared that she works there or were you just making it up?

Just making up. I doubt she works at all based on the frequency she posts gibberish. There were some arguments on AMPOL about how upward mobility is an illusion and how anti corp she is. No self accountability. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buckeyes_Suck said:

Def didn’t mean to offend you or anyone else, or come off as above anyone. Here’s that follow up I posted earlier. 

D6037535-F45E-4909-B842-8CB582C6BB12.png

Thanks for clarifying. I just think with all the crap so many different occupations are going through right now, your comment was poor timing and lacked tact. Sometimes when we're in the heat of the moment in bantering we don't recognize how we might come across. I've done it before in real life...which is why I refuse to banter back and forth with people in OT and am very cautious about doing it even in our subforum these days. Don't ruin your character and integrity to take pot shots.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rjay said:

How hard is it not to use the word C**t?   Honestly, are we supposed to ignore that?

Hey, Rjay. Thanks for the response. I didn't see the post and understand the decision. Unfortunately, it's hard to know what reasons some individuals are banned or suspended because there are indeed mods on this forum that pick and choose who gets "punished" and different reasons as to why that happens. It's pretty clear where many in the OT section stand politically, and it's also pretty clear who gets away with things. Are we supposed to ignore that as well?

8 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Hey, Rjay. Thanks for the response. I didn't see the post and understand the decision. Unfortunately, it's hard to know what reasons some individuals are banned or suspended because there are indeed mods on this forum that pick and choose who gets "punished" and different reasons as to why that happens. It's pretty clear where many in the OT section stand politically, and it's also pretty clear who gets away with things. Are we supposed to ignore that as well?

I understand you feel that way.  I disagree though.  The posts get hidden fast.  A suspension usually occurs when someone crosses a line.  I also understand that some posters really get under people's skin.  But people need to control what they type and how they respond to these posters.  If anyone crosses a line, we have to respond.  We don't care about politics in these decisions.  No one gets away with using slurs.  The F word is ok to use in OT, slurs are not.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rjay said:

I understand you feel that way.  I disagree though.  The posts get hidden fast.  A suspension usually occurs when someone crosses a line.  I also understand that some posters really get under people's skin.  But people need to control what they type and how they respond to these posters.  If anyone crosses a line, we have to respond.  We don't care about politics in these decisions.  No one gets away will using slurs.  The F word is ok to use in OT, slurs are not.  

Totally agree with this...especially in today's world. We are definitely responsible for decisions and face consequences. I'm not exactly sure how much goes on behind the scenes amongst moderators (private discussions) but I suggest you all discuss online bullying. For example, encouraging and participating in a thread titled "Who should I ban bait next" is indeed enabling and ruins the integrity of the moderators and this forum. You have members that intentionally do this crap daily and they should be held accountable as well. But they aren't, which is why many of us call OT a cesspool of filth..and ultimately, it just creates more division in this community...which is sad to me. But, that's just my opinion and values...of which I know others do not hold the same.

Thus, many of us in this subforum stick to interacting with others in our own community...here. The drivel, disrespect, and nonsense that occurs in OT far exceeds any "nonsense" that occurs here.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Rjay said:

How hard is it not to use the word C**t?   Honestly, are we supposed to ignore that?

To be fair saying you shouldn’t reproduce is just as bad if not worse. How is that allowed? That hits very deep for many and is constantly used by buckeye and trix. Seems like a double standard. I know that’s a fact having been here since 2008. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Totally agree with this...especially in today's world. We are definitely responsible for decisions and face consequences. I'm not exactly sure how much goes on behind the scenes amongst moderators (private discussions) but I suggest you all discuss online bullying. For example, encouraging and participating in a thread titled "Who should I ban bait next" is indeed enabling and ruins the integrity of the moderators and this forum. You have members that intentionally do this crap daily and they should be held accountable as well. But they aren't, which is why many of us call OT a cesspool of filth..and ultimately, it just creates more division in this community...which is sad to me. But, that's just my opinion and values...of which I know others do not hold the same.

Thus, many of us in this subforum stick to interacting with others in our own community...here. The drivel, disrespect, and nonsense that occurs in OT far exceeds any "nonsense" that occurs here.

To the first bolded: Come on  He's joking though!

To the second bolded:  They aren't breaking any rules.  They would get suspended if they were.  These are political disagrees for the most part and mud gets flung from both sides.

Lastly, I agree with you about online bullying.  We'll leave that for a future discussion.

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

That’s the logic you’re using? That’s personal information that no one on internet should know. That’s entirely flawed and you know it…

It's not something I would say so I'm not going to defend the comment.  You can ask the person who posted it.  

• Like 1

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic