• Member Statistics

    16,680
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    sereinwriter
    Newest Member
    sereinwriter
    Joined
Chicago Storm

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

So he has to be right since he graduated from an Ivy league school?

Where did I say he has to be right? But his opinion should be respected, and I would say it does prove he knows more about infectious disease than the people calling him a “clown” on a weather forum. But what do I know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, fujiwara79 said:

you really have to turn off cable news and get away from the outrage machine.  mistrust is perpetuated by those outlets and you are part of the ecosystem by watching it.  turn it off.

Lol are you for real?  His flip flopping tendencies speak for themselves.  

  • Weenie 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Vaccines are our path to normality", said Fauci, according to the Fox "News" host. 

Okay. Great. Given that we haven't actually reached our vaccination threshold yet, I fail to see why Fauci saying that even people who are currently vaccinated shouldn't dine indoors is so contrarian. 

Conservatives keep bitching and moaning over Fauci "moving the goalposts", which is amusing as even that phrase implies that there is some sort of argument, with two sides, taking place.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

Lol are you for real?  His flip flopping tendencies speak for themselves.  

His MD from Cornell and many decades of experience as an infectious disease specialist and as an advisor to seven different presidents (including four republicans) speak for themselves.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He isn't flip flopping either, changing a stance as you learn more about a novel virus isn't flip flopping.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

P.S. a quick quote from Fauci himself in response to the jack-offs that say his opinions "change" too much. 

"If you change with the data," he said, "you’re not flip flopping."

What a bunch of goobers the anti-Fauci crew is. Seriously. Maybe not every Harvard grad is a great person, but you don't become the chief medical advisor of the last six presidents by accident. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

P.S. a quick quote from Fauci himself in response to the jack-offs that say his opinions "change" too much. 

"If you change with the data," he said, "you’re not flip flopping."

What a bunch of goobers the anti-Fauci crew is. Seriously. Maybe not every Harvard grad is a great person, but you don't become the chief medical advisor of the president by accident. 

Multiple presidents, but Jim Bob in Ohio knows what is going on.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stebo said:

Multiple presidents, but Jim Bob in Ohio knows what is going on.

Fixed. Really, people need to learn their place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

Fixed. Really, people need to learn their place. 

Take it easy on dta, maybe the past seven presidents of the United States have consulted him on infectious disease too.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

Lol are you for real?  His flip flopping tendencies speak for themselves.  

about turning off cable news?  yes, turn them off.  you are outraged because they want you to be outraged.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

Screenshot_20210412-191853_Fox News.jpg

Take this shit back to your own subforum. This isn't NYC.

  • Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

He changes his mind more than I change my pants

Yeah, clearly personal hygiene isn't your forte.

  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Malacka11 said:

Yeah, clearly personal hygiene isn't your forte.

Brains isn't either.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, fujiwara79 said:

about turning off cable news?  yes, turn them off.  you are outraged because they want you to be outraged.

Oddly enough, this is a very true statement regarding alot of things that are going on with our country.  The msm creates and fuels the outrage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

Oddly enough, this is a very true statement regarding alot of things that are going on with our country.  The msm creates and fuels the outrage.

if you include fox news, new york post, oann and newsmax as part of the 'msm', i would totally agree.  it's not just cnn and msnbc, dude.  turn it all off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just like America writ large, there's a divide in here between people who think Fauci is a clown and those who think he's beyond reproach. A clown he is not, but his mixed messaging lately plain and simple is not helpful in our country's efforts to convince vaccine holdouts to get the shots. That's how this has to be seen. There's not nearly enough focus on how remarkable the vaccines are. All people who have had the ability to get the vaccine but have chosen not to thus far are hearing from health experts and politicians is that fully vaccinated people have to be just as cautious as unvaccinated people. They need to do a better job incentivizing.fceebd0573a143694a898d07213382b6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

Just like America writ large, there's a divide in here between people who think Fauci is a clown and those who think he's beyond reproach. A clown he is not, but his mixed messaging lately plain and simple is not helpful in our country's efforts to convince vaccine holdouts to get the shots. That's how this has to be seen. There's not nearly enough focus on how remarkable the vaccines are. All people who have had the ability to get the vaccine but have chosen not to thus far are hearing from health experts and politicians is that fully vaccinated people have to be just as cautious as unvaccinated people. They need to do a better job incentivizing.

Most scientists make lousy science communicators. Fauci toiled away behind the scenes for decades and then suddenly got thrust into the position of the international face of the pandemic response. It's really an unenviable situation. Put Bill Nye or someone on the TV to hype up the vaccines, and let the good doctor return to his wheelhouse.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Most scientists make lousy science communicators. Fauci toiled away behind the scenes for decades and then suddenly got thrust into the position of the international face of the pandemic response. It's really an unenviable situation. Put Bill Nye or someone on the TV to hype up the vaccines, and let the good doctor return to his wheelhouse.

I know it’s just an example, but imagine how well that would go over with the segment of the population that disparages Bill Nye for not being a “real scientist” but has no problem with Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz, or Dr. Seuss.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I know it’s just an example, but imagine how well that would go over with the segment of the population that disparages Bill Nye for not being a “real scientist” but has no problem with Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz, or Dr. Seuss.

Just stop making scientists the mouthpiece for policy and problem is solved. (No, i'm not saying scientists shouldn't be responsible for helping advise and direct policy).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

 

Interestingly it’s because of 6 cases of blood clots out of 7 million doses so far.  All adult age groups have a higher chance of dying from covid than getting a blood clot from that vaccine 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Malacka11 said:

P.S. a quick quote from Fauci himself in response to the jack-offs that say his opinions "change" too much. 

"If you change with the data," he said, "you’re not flip flopping."

What a bunch of goobers the anti-Fauci crew is. Seriously. Maybe not every Harvard grad is a great person, but you don't become the chief medical advisor of the last six presidents by accident. 

He may be just fine at his job, but he is not fine at being the front and center guy for a pandemic.  Mixed messages = distrust whether you or I like it or not.  

Just because someone is in the position they are in, does not always mean they are qualified for said position. Look around goober. 

  • Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dta1984 said:

He may be just fine at his job, but he is not fine at being the front and center guy for a pandemic.  Mixed messages = distrust whether you or I like it or not.  

Just because someone is in the position they are in, does not always mean they are qualified for said position. Look around  Goober. 

Oh, we know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, madwx said:

Interestingly it’s because of 6 cases of blood clots out of 7 million doses so far.  All adult age groups have a higher chance of dying from covid than getting a blood clot from that vaccine 

This is going to make more people not wanting to get any vaccine and halt the opening process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.