• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Spring 2020

35 minutes ago, canderson said:

Had .1 from it. An impressive precip hole over Harrisburg down to Dillsburg.

And now its raining buckets. I really need to get a weather station/gauge cause this is some damn heavy rain rates and from the pingers sounding there might be some real small hail mixed in

1 hour ago, canderson said:

That entire line just died out lol 

31 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It really did - I was confident that I'd have a few hours of steady rain this evening. It never made it this far north. 

My radar app shows a 6 hour loop and it's amazing to watch that line advance and then totally dry up...

26 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Same pattern with the same results?

The HRRR seems to point toward the middle and upper part of the state more this afternoon vs. what you saw yesterday...at least for the Eastern half.   Starts in the the S/W LSV and rolls North East in multiple waves.  We seem to be getting in a pattern of being around dying cold fronts but just far enough west to hold off oppressive long term heat into July.   

Check out these highs for July 4th.

image.png.37579095a109a16656546ca10d1342d4.png

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

The HRRR seems to point toward the middle and upper part of the state more this afternoon vs. what you saw yesterday...at least for the Eastern half.   Starts in the the S/W LSV and rolls North East in multiple waves.  We seem to be getting in a pattern of being around dying cold fronts but just far enough west to hold off oppressive long term heat into July.   

WOW. If that stays the course. 

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I called this a couple weeks back. Its every damn summer holiday

10 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I called this a couple weeks back. Its every damn summer holiday

For as long as I can remember. I spent more July fourths on the patio or in the house as opposed to a pool or lake.

Have to add that it picked a fine week to NOT rain here. My step daughter and family are down in OCMD for vacation and I have flower and garden watering detail.

Dummy me forgot about her hanging strawberry pot on Sunday and Monday morning.  I hit it with water last night and just now, but it's drooping pretty good so I hope it comes back by the weekend... :unsure:

5 minutes ago, Voyager said:

For as long as I can remember. I spent more July fourths on the patio or in the house as opposed to a pool or lake.

Have to add that it picked a fine week to NOT rain here. My step daughter and family are down in OCMD for vacation and I have flower and garden watering detail.

Dummy me forgot about her hanging strawberry pot on Sunday and Monday morning.  I hit it with water last night and just now, but it's drooping pretty good so I hope it comes back by the weekend... :unsure:

Miracle grow the shit out of it :wacko2:

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Lots of very small showers floating around S Central PA but the radar looks pitiful compared to yesterday at this point so a bit later forming today if it does pan out. 

I really thought we were going to get smacked yesterday around 530. The wind picked up, got black as coal, nice rumbling and then.....................................28 rain drops. It just seem to drop off. I think it missed me to my West, or so it appeared. 

6 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Same 2M map 6 hours later on the 12Z GFS.  What was once 57 is now 88.  LOL.

image.png.cc3ebd118bd1bc7315910593ba847be0.png

• Haha 1