Total Members
    Most Online
    MDweatherman
    Newest Member
    MDweatherman
MAG5035

Central PA - Spring 2020

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You went flying right on by me...capped at 85 here. Very little movement either way for the past couple of hours. 

We have not had as many clouds and/or showers near here as I thought we might.  Its a summer day now.  Humidity does not feel too bad though.

Just noticed Capital City Airport is at 87. 

Dang a lot of mid 80s in the Sus Valley this afternoon, what a difference a week makes. Next week looks wet, that potential tropical system off the Florida coast will have to be watched for interaction with the cutoff low that's progged to sit around a good chunk of next week. 

9 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Dang a lot of mid 80s in the Sus Valley this afternoon, what a difference a week makes. Next week looks wet, that potential tropical system off the Florida coast will have to be watched for interaction with the cutoff low that's progged to sit around a good chunk of next week. 

That would get this board humming again....tropical moisture streaming in from the South East.

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Nice spring day today. Feels so much better than yesterday's blast furnace of 86. (official high was 87)

I know, I know...

It was a great day.  Clouds limited sun and made it great to be out.

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Nice spring day today. Feels so much better than yesterday's blast furnace of 86. (official high was 87)

I know, I know...

I agree, I would take this weather today all summer. 

It’s hard to believe that 1 week ago many of us had snow showers.

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

My God, when 86 is a blast furnace... :wacko2:

Head on out to Yosemite. 9-15 inches of snow expected this week.

I said that specifically for you...hence my " I know, I know" comment. :)

However, please understand that I detest heat every bit as much as you detest cold. 86 to me is 15 degrees too warm. 

I'm not looking for or interested in snow whatsoever. I just want spring weather. 86 is 1 degree shy of my warmest average temperature of the year. 

23 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I said that specifically for you...hence my " I know, I know" comment. :)

However, please understand that I detest heat every bit as much as you detest cold. 86 to me is 15 degrees too warm. 

I'm not looking for or interested in snow whatsoever. I just want spring weather. 86 is 1 degree shy of my warmest average temperature of the year. 

I know. I do hate the cold, but most of my posts are meant for fun, which is why I post with the emojis.

Just ask my wife, I rile her up to the point where she says, "you're an ass"...lol

What happened to all of the rain for next week? 

Wouldn’t rule out a period of a soaking rain, but I think it’s going to be more cloudy and cool with persistent on shore flow and showery weather.

Wouldn’t rule out a period of a soaking rain, but I think it’s going to be more cloudy and cool with persistent on shore flow and showery weather.

Good thing, no real heat. Hate riding my bike when it’s 90F.

1 hour ago, Superstorm said:

The worst. If it's going to be gloomy and rainy, let 'er rip and be substantial...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Voyager said:

The worst. If it's going to be gloomy and rainy, let 'er rip and be substantial...

I agree...boring mist stuff is the worst. I like my weather interesting no matter the form it comes in.

13 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

And it's still raining. There has been a small area of rain in eastern York/western Lancaster counties that hasn't really moved in 5 hours. It's been a rainy day here...

Had .30” down in Fairfield earlier.  Kinda crazy that today might be the rainiest day out of the next 3 days.