• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, TugHillMatt said:

The desire to complain and be frustrated with all of the lows NOW setting up just perfectly in April and May is REAL....so maddening.

I have refrained from making any comments on it....but after seeing Mid-May possibilities...................................................... lol

A year without summer this year? :)  That would be awesome, no heat/humidity!!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

...A PERIOD OF HEAVY RAIN IS EXPECTED THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH
EARLY EVENING...

A narrow south to north oriented band of heavy rain will develop
and slowly move across the area this afternoon through early
evening. This will produce heavy rain from the Genesee Valley
eastward, with a half inch to inch of rain falling in about a 2
hour period.

Heavy rain will move through Monroe and Livingston counties,
including the Rochester metro area, between noon and 3 p.m. The
band will move slowly eastward across Wayne and Ontario counties
between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. before reaching Northern Cayuga and
Oswego counties.

This heavy rain will result in ponding of water on roadways, and
minor lowland flooding

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Has been raining all morning. Absolutely disgusting out. 

Its easier to pick the disgusting days out the past 60 days than the nice ones...im starting to think we might be in this wet pattern until late June early July...it seems our weather, once locked in, sits around for 8 weeks or so...winter ended early December and never really came back for more that a week here and there...i have a suspicion late spring and 1/2 summer will follow suit...

2 hours ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Its easier to pick the disgusting days out the past 60 days than the nice ones...im starting to think we might be in this wet pattern until late June early July...it seems our weather, once locked in, sits around for 8 weeks or so...winter ended early December and never really came back for more that a week here and there...i have a suspicion late spring and 1/2 summer will follow suit...

I'm actually cautiously optimistic about the forecast after tomorrow.  Temps still representative of somewhere in central Canada, but hopefully plenty of sun.  

27 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Yeah you're currently in a doughnut hole lol

Good thing it's wet not white...

I have about 0 15" in the gauge. 

Just sprinkles here. When the calendar flips to May I'll be rooting hard for MOAR Snow. Because the beatings won't stop till morale improves. ;)

• Haha 2

Surprising “nice pulse” here for last hour or so. Sun poked out, no wind, and still mild with a touch of humidity in the air. Funny to see people flooding into the neighborhood to walk or run.  These last few weeks have trained us to get out and soak up the nice weather while it lasts  

I’ll give this current storm credit for transporting some warmth and humidity to the area, which has restarted spring leaf out here. Lots of trees popping leaves now, and the understory is really greening up. 

1 hour ago, Syrmax said:

Radar is not matching reality, at least here. It has started rain lightly but I'm under yellow DBZ returns. Maybe take it off of winter mode? 

BGM_0.png

That band looks like an insane flooding rainfall.  I came to see what people were reporting underneath that thing.

Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cny rider said:

That band looks like an insane flooding rainfall.  I came to see what people were reporting underneath that thing.

Thanks.

Yeah I was a bit surprised by the mismatch so i thought I'd comment on it. It's been raining steady but no sign of any downpours. Seems like radar has been over-depicting precip rates with this storm both yesterday and now...at least IMBY.

Wow, the next few weeks are just a trainwreck for the Northeast.  So cold, so wet.  It would be nice if we could at least break a record for snowfall or something, at least get something out of it.  I'm so tired of being cold all the time.  

Oops, i see there is a new thread.