• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PaulG
    Newest Member
    PaulG

March 2020 disc/obs

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

We wrong. Every other model is laughably far south it’s hard to even envision a scenario where that solution would verify

Probably. but fun to look at.  That trough for the next 10-14 days will probably try to generate multiple low chances at some point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ahh spring!

Increasing cloud cover today as a warm front lifts in from the Great
Lakes region. Rain will spread in from southwest to northeast
late this afternoon and tonight. Rain will continue Sunday into
Sunday evening as a secondary low develops just south of the
region. Scattered showers are expected Monday and may even
linger into part of Tuesday with cool temperatures and an
abundance of clouds. A potential coastal storm may bring some
rain or wet snow in the Wednesday through Friday time frame, but
the system may also track far enough offshore for little if any
impact.

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Are you still going out west this year to chase clouds?

Only if all these restrictions end the virus is pretty contained 

14 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I'm still looking at rotting patches of snow from my living room.  Nothing even thinking about growing yet.

Pack will drop below 10" today after 82 consecutive days in double digits.  Average run is 74 days, median 77.  Tuesday's snow is gone but 10" of 2:1 crust melts a lot more slowly.  South facing slopes in hardwoods have bare patches, aspens just need a couple more days in the 50s to break bud and extend the male catkins.  May be a week or more after today before another 50 shows up.

I’ve never seen vegetation like  this so early. 

We're 10-14 days behind 2010, which set the standard here for early spring awakening.  Also 10-14 days ahead of last year's cold spring.

Edit:  WS watch posted for Maine mts, might get a sloppy 2" here tomorrow night. 

2 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

Quarantined in New England. 

title for James new book! 

PANDEMIC ON THE CAPE
A Dawn Awakening Novel

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Pack will drop below 10" today after 82 consecutive days in double digits.  Average run is 74 days, median 77.  Tuesday's snow is gone but 10" of 2:1 crust melts a lot more slowly.  South facing slopes in hardwoods have bare patches, aspens just need a couple more days in the 50s to break bud and extend the male catkins.  May be a week or more after today before another 50 shows up.

I’ve never seen vegetation like  this so early. 

We're 10-14 days behind 2010, which set the standard here for early spring awakening.  Also 10-14 days ahead of last year's cold spring.

Edit:  WS watch posted for Maine mts, might get a sloppy 2" here tomorrow night. 

GYX and CAR banging the drum a bit, Maybe a sloppy 1” or so here.

image.thumb.png.e5788471853d83b9af8ee19b6e728d62.png

• Sad 2

38 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

PANDEMIC ON THE CAPE
A Dawn Awakening Novel

The Coronawakening

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, dryslot said:

GYX and CAR banging the drum a bit, Maybe a sloppy 1” or so here.

image.thumb.png.e5788471853d83b9af8ee19b6e728d62.png

I'm so jealous 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

On 3/27/2020 at 8:14 AM, HoarfrostHubb said:

BOS +4.2F*
ORH +5.9F

PVD +5.4F

BDL +5.7F

Remove the asterisk...I believe it’s fixed!

7 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

it's low. **

I don’t think so given the fact that coastal locations-especially east facing fall victim to onshore winds which has happened enough to account for those differences.  Will..Scott...anyone?

• Like 1

Just now, weathafella said:

I don’t think so given the fact that coastal locations-especially east facing fall victim to onshore winds which has happened enough to account for those differences.  Will..Scott...anyone?

I think Will and Scott have briefly mentioned that it does seem to be running low now but your point is very valid 

9 minutes ago, weathafella said:

But it is +4.7F compared to its typical temp which takes into account it being on the coast etc.   

Its off again but too cool

9 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I think Will and Scott have briefly mentioned that it does seem to be running low now but your point is very valid 

No.  BOS has always been on the water.   There is something wrong.  

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

BOS should def be cooler than the others given the type of pattern this month, but it doesn’t account for all of it. Looks like it could be running a degree or so too cold. 

We still have a small sample of the new readings on MADIS so we’ll see where it settles over the next several months. 

61A9957A-F9D9-4C96-A8E4-A605AF01F658.png

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

No.  BOS has always been on the water.   There is something wrong.  

No my point is being missed!  I misery mist Boston 44 spring day can often be 59 and ok at ORH.

Anyway I’ll scream from the rooftops if it’s low in summer.   I want my 90 by 9 and hundy by 3!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

No my point is being missed!  I misery mist Boston 44 spring day can often be 59 and ok at ORH.

Yeah, but BOS has always dealt with seabreeze and that is weighed into their #'s. Perhaps not 100% apples to apples since wasn't always sited at logan, was it slightly inland years ago?  but generally.

1 minute ago, Dr. Dews said:

Yeah, but BOS has always dealt with seabreeze and that is weighed into their #'s. Perhaps not 100% apples to apples since wasn't always sited at logan, was it slightly inland years ago?  but generally.

Again,,,point missed.  With its microclimate it may well have lower positive departures vs other big 4 locations due to ocean.  It isn’t unusual that they would show the difference.  The question is whether or not the difference is too much...