• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    maley.chris78@gmail.com
    Newest Member
    [email protected]

NAM vs the Euro cage match storm, Feb 20 - 21

Looks like it shifted south just enough to knock me most of the way out of things. Good luck down south. Its gonna be an AN snow winter for Knoxville easily if the NAM verifies with what has already fallen plus this event. 

I’m worried it’s way south. Unless there’s more development or it slides up west of the mountains, this is looking like cold sprinkles.

Moderate snow falling here at 1800' (drove 4 miles from house up to Coker Creek) temp 34.6 so it's all melting. House is 37 and all rain at 980'. Wauchessi Mtn station (2050' sitting at 33.4 and dropping (so freezing line is moving down), when was in Coker Creek 3/4 of Wacheesi was hidden in the snow clouds for lack of better word lol. Quessing the fire tower there is already picking up accumulations.

Glad your getting flake action, John.

Not much happening here now.  Drizzle and sleet pellets falling.  It looks like much stronger radar returns are heading toward the valley from the plateau, so let's see what happens when rates increase again.  Hope the NAM isn't a drunk sailor telling tall tales.

2 hours ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

@Shocker0 what ya got up in Cumberland county? 

Hey man! The radar was showing snow here as well for a couple of hours but it was virga. In the last 20 minutes or so it actually started snowing and has been pretty heavy. Smaller flakes but coming down at a good clip and we have a dusting on grass and roads. 32-33 degrees currently

86310846_174988657260099_1038172876244516864_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ohc=BvfLH4Y4SeMAX8QduLx&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-3.fna&_nc_tp=7&oh=33b8faaefbe9650471c9726747b72b35&oe=5EC305D4

• Thanks 1

Light snow falling in downtown Kingsport. Being reported that Sullivan County, Greene County, Hawkins County and now Rogersville City schools are closing at the half day mark. 

• Like 1

Ok so I’m still in NW of Knoxville and I’ve definitely got a 50/50 mix. The ceiling has really lowered the last 15 min.

52 minutes ago, John1122 said:

The HRRR was giving your area several inches earlier. Good luck!

Nice.  I hadn’t had a chance to look at it this morning so that is good to know. 

Congrats to all that are getting snow!  Keep the pics coming.  Jack squat so far on UT campus.

I’m at NorthWest Middle School and it’s mixing in good now.

4 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

Ok so I’m still in NW of Knoxville and I’ve definitely got a 50/50 mix. The ceiling has really lowered the last 15 min.

Good to know.  That's those stronger returns heading in from the plateau. 

• Like 1