Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2020

IrishRob17

19 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

Currently the dew pt is 10. It will take some time to get that up for our snow to fall. The snow ratios could be more than 10:1 before the winds kick up and break up the dendrites. 

26/5 here as the dewpoint continues to fall. That high to our NE means business.

It's going to be fun times around and just after midnight, hopefully all are able to stay up and enjoy it. Deep, deep lift. We'll certainly do better than 10:1 for a while, although it's hard to get much above 13-14:1 with a mixed crystal habit sounding like this.

NIbLk6b.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

26/5 here as the dewpoint continues to fall. That high to our NE means business.

It's going to be fun times around and just after midnight, hopefully all are able to stay up and enjoy it. Deep, deep lift. We'll certainly do better than 10:1 for a while, although it's hard to get much above 13-14:1 with a mixed crystal habit sounding like this.

NIbLk6b.png

wow that dry slot means business. Hope its stays down there, scary.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

March 2017 the dry slot capped me at 20", hopefully it stays to my south in this storm.

I had to look it up in my records but pretty much the same.

i recorded 20.8 inches for the March 14-15 2017 storm but noted a dry slot from 12-3 o'clock kept totals down.

It hurt but when you end up with over 20 inches it lessens the pain.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, LaGrangewx said:

Question. HRRR seems all over the place run to run with the sleet line. Is it struggling with the dynamics of the storm a bit?

Might be struggling with the potential convective components of the system where depictions of sleet might also be bright banding projections from more convective precip.  I don't know.  Just throwing this out there. 

SPC does have our region in the marginal risk for thunderstorms tonight which hopefully means thunder snow and possibly sleet mixed in during such convective episodes. 

12 minutes ago, LaGrangewx said:

Question. HRRR seems all over the place run to run with the sleet line. Is it struggling with the dynamics of the storm a bit?

There's some discussion on Twitter about why it prints out sleet colors despite totally frozen forecast soundings. Some good info/speculation in the replies here:

ljRSloU.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

There's some discussion on Twitter about why it prints out sleet colors despite totally frozen forecast soundings. Some good info/speculation in the replies here:

ljRSloU.png

Thanks. Great info. I’ll let you guys know how I do. Ill be on the western side of Lagrange tonight should be an awesome night. 

• Thanks 1