Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2020

IrishRob17

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

Bring me back some milk, I don't feel like snowblowing yet. That's going to be a delicate and arduous operation with lights and wires flanking the driveway.

Sure, no problem but you’re not getting any of the beef chili I’m about to whip up.

local roads r bad.  Plowed but Slippery.

about another inch on the board.

• Haha 1

Tough to call it 12" but it's definitely more than 8. I was spot on with the pack compressing sleet/pellet mix and my overall depth call. For such a cold storm this is some dense stuff and it's still coming down at about .5"/hr.

1 hour ago, DCTeacherman said:

Wow, what a storm in yorktown.  Can’t get a proper measurement with all the drifting but I’m guessing 10-12 if not more. 

I had drifts almost 3' deep just feet from bare ground.

There's no way to get decent measurements with this storm.

23 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Drifting is actually pretty minimal around here. I drove around for a while and while it was clearly a windy storm based on the lack of snow on roofs and in trees, there are really no big drifts to report.

Agreed. Any ideas what the liquid equivalent was? Started off real fluffy but very dense in the middle and a bit lighter on top with this mornings snow.

59 minutes ago, LaGrangewx said:

Agreed. Any ideas what the liquid equivalent was? Started off real fluffy but very dense in the middle and a bit lighter on top with this mornings snow.

I’m melting what was in the Stratus but there’s no way to know it’s true accuracy. Maybe later if I feel ambitious I’ll do a core sample too. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I’m melting what was in the Stratus but there’s no way to know it’s true accuracy. Maybe later if I feel ambitious I’ll do a core sample too. 

Cool I’d be surprised if it ended up much better than 10-12 to 1. Snow growth was mediocre for awhile. The weenie band up north probably had 20+ to 1 ratios. NH, VT, and NY all with 40+ reports. I can’t remember a storm like that. March 2017 didn’t and I don’t think valentines 2007 did either. Relatively short duration storm as well. That could’ve been one of the all time great snow bands in a noreaster.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LaGrangewx said:

Cool I’d be surprised if it ended up much better than 10-12 to 1. Snow growth was mediocre for awhile. The weenie band up north probably had 20+ to 1 ratios. NH, VT, and NY all with 40+ reports. I can’t remember a storm like that. March 2017 didn’t and I don’t think valentines 2007 did either. Relatively short duration storm as well. That could’ve been one of the all time great snow bands in a noreaster.

It was a 12-18 hr storm.. Thats some amazing consistency with rates if 40" was able to pile up in that time frame. 

5 minutes ago, LaGrangewx said:

Widespread reports of prolonged 6+ inch per hour snow in that band for 3-4 hours. That is Unheard of outside of lake effect 

And I read someone in the main thread yesterday say something to the effect that there’s no way to get 2-3” per hour rates for more than a couple hours or some bullshit. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LaGrangewx said:

Valentines ‘07 had more than 4 feet up in vt.  I want to say there were 5-6’ in spots.  I was up there afterwards and it was bat shit crazy.  So much snow.