• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

Only an inch here so far ..I'm on the southern fringes of this main band, on and off bouts of heavier snow..
Rgem drops this band a little south in a few hours, we'll see..
1648820658_TYX_0(7).png.4556805a1eef56714b851c0bd9cec484.png
That's Not a true LE band I don't think, but its definitely some Oregraphic lift because its too warm for true LE, lol!

I just give up, lol! See everyone in Feb as I have better things to do than to wish for snow, when thats what we should be getting, and its absolutely maddening to me and I dont wanna be a negative Nancy so ima sign off for a bit because its seriously bothering me, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm absolutely livid. I Saw a squall line which in every other effin yr would of been heavy heavy snow but this yr, nothing but rain, nah I'll pass!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

If it was a couple degrees colder this would of been a solid event, 2" so far..
244601850_TYX_loop(68).gif.4daaf02eff02d571b3517e8fe3a11aa9.gif
I was thinking the exact same thing cause you've been getting some appreciable rates at times but it's just too damn warm out there at 33F! 27-28F would of been perfect and you'd be chilling with at least 6" by now for sure and it's not stopping up thataway till that warm air advection starts to invade us from the SW as we once again will be well into the 40's the next few days but maybe after that things may change and if it doesn't, then I'd write off Jan as well, but vfc that's just me!

• Like 1

Definitely a nice ongoing orographic lift snow storm happening, notbonly for tdd he Tug, but for the Western Dacks as well their peaks are definitely picking up some nice snows today and perhaps tonight. Theres only a few more hrs of daylight left so that'll definitely help if this flow continues.

The GFS in the long range is a train wreck. Cutter after cutter. We need the Pacific pattern to slow down, the stupid SE ridge to go away, and some sort of blocking in the Atlantic. I wonder if this is the new winter pattern we are going to endure for years. Pretty much regardless of indices, this is what it has looked like for many winters this decade.

14 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

The GFS in the long range is a train wreck. Cutter after cutter. We need the Pacific pattern to slow down, the stupid SE ridge to go away, and some sort of blocking in the Atlantic. I wonder if this is the new winter pattern we are going to endure for years. Pretty much regardless of indices, this is what it has looked like for many winters this decade.

Hey Matt.  Happy New Year.  Yeah I was thinking the same thing wrt to the "new pattern" as this seems to be a repeat of last years cutterfest.  Don S suggested that this may be related to warmer SST's and a new base state as a result.  MJO seems to be favoring warmer 5/6 as well and he sees the link between the 2.  Sure hoping its just a seasonal blip, but makes one wonder.  

Nut

• Like 1