Total Members
    Most Online
    MDweatherman
    Newest Member
    MDweatherman
MAG5035

Central PA - Late Dec 2019/Jan 2020

49 minutes ago, Jonesy56 said:

Ahhhh.. just re-reading the Jan 22-23, 2016 thread to lift my spirits in these trying times.  What a behemoth.  Can not believe that was 4 years ago already.  

Aside from the 30" snow, my fav part was Eskimo Joe cancelling the storm the day before. 

The NAM, somehow, nailed that storm in every possible aspect. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Lol that was a tough storm to experience...we had .6 inches while selinsgrove had 12 to 16. The March storm a couple years ago made that less painful lol.

I had 20 inches and I think Scranton had 1. It was one of the rare times where the sharp cut off was north of me.

3 hours ago, canderson said:

Aside from the 30" snow, my fav part was Eskimo Joe cancelling the storm the day before. 

The NAM, somehow, nailed that storm in every possible aspect. 

Yes, that was a classic!

It was 1 Euro run a couple of days before the storm that gave us “only” 10- 15 inches of snow instead of 2 feet plus, & he cancelled the storm! 

Those NAM runs were epic! I remember saying to people that I’d never seen amounts like that show up on a weather model for my backyard on the day of a storm, & then it verified!

• Like 3

We should have plenty to track over the next few weeks. It looks like we might be back in the game by the end of next week. If we keep taking swings, we will eventually hit one. Then maybe we will keep hitting until the end of March ?

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes, that was a classic!

It was 1 Euro run a couple of days before the storm that gave us “only” 10- 15 inches of snow instead of 2 feet plus, & he cancelled the storm! 

Those NAM runs were epic! I remember saying to people that I’d never seen amounts like that show up on a weather model for my backyard on the day of a storm, & then it verifi

That storm probably made a lot of people on here heroes if they trusted the nam.  To this day I have two people who talk about how I was the only one who knew 30" was coming.  I thought that storm may have also began the reign of cashtown as the snow capital but may be thinking of another one.

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Observation - it's never a good thing when you log in on a January morning and see that it's been 10 hours since the last post. :( 

We are busy inflating life rafts. 

Henry Margusity punted until late February this morning. Henry Margusity or not, a meteorologist punting until late February is basically bolting a coffin shut. 

On 1/22/2020 at 1:35 PM, Bubbler86 said:

And the changes cannot be blamed on weather stations being in different locations.  Many people argue that with global warming the areas affected will get colder first, due to the melt off of ice caps, before the eventual warm up and change.  Maybe the 60's were the beginning...

I've been thinking about this post since you posted it. I wish Zack Labe (Blizzard92) was on here more. I feel like this is something he would be able to touch on, as I *believe* he has become something of a climate scientist, if my memory serves me right.

20 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Henry Margusity punted until late February this morning. Henry Margusity or not, a meteorologist punting until late February is basically bolting a coffin shut. 

If that dude actually punted we might as well quit on snow until about 2025. That guy has a little bit of JB in his genes...

2 hours ago, canderson said:

We are busy inflating life rafts. 

I've changed my mind. I value my life. Unfortunately, you've bought up all the air, and now I can't inflate my own raft, which is odd because I thought you commies were all about sharing the air. I guess only your select group get the air. I'll just have to accept being relegated to sand bags. 

May I have some sand, your Excellency?

Just now, Atomixwx said:

I've changed my mind. I value my life. Unfortunately, you've bought up all the air, and now I can't inflate my own raft, which is odd because I thought you commies were all about sharing the air. I guess only your select group get the air. I'll just have to accept being relegated to sand bags. 

May I have some sand, your Excellency?

You'll need to go stand in line at the quarry with the other serfs. 

• Haha 1

Just now, canderson said:

You'll need to go stand in line at the quarry with the other serfs. 

But the quarry is far. Like, between Palmyra and Granville far. And my 1982 Yugo is finally dead. Please, my girlfriend, she's type 9 diabetic, quadriplegic, has stage six autism, and has debilitating psoriatic arthritis. She also weighs four thousand pounds. I'd float on her, but I fear she would sail us to Portugal. Please. Just some sand. Just a speck.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

But the quarry is far. Like, between Palmyra and Granville far. And my 1982 Yugo is finally dead. Please, my girlfriend, she's type 9 diabetic, quadriplegic, has stage six autism, and has debilitating psoriatic arthritis. She also weighs four thousand pounds. I'd float on her, but I fear she would sail us to Portugal. Please. Just some sand. Just a speck.

... she sounds hideous. 

Sorry, back to weather.

I will say this week has been nice because we've had snowcover all week since our little event last Saturday. It's actually felt like winter. 

42 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

when i first read this, i thought it said she had a psoriatic anus :lmao:

and i burst out laughing

35 minutes ago, canderson said:

... she sounds hideous. 

Sorry, back to weather.

I will say this week has been nice because we've had snowcover all week since our little event last Saturday. It's actually felt like winter. 

Must be nice. What little snow I got last weekend was long gone before it even got cold. 

Since there's no weather to talk about, I figure I'll give you all an unsolicited, unashamed, selfie that shows just how hard I work in this job (when I'm not driving anyways...lol).

FB_IMG_1579884169520.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, Voyager said:

Since there's no weather to talk about, I figure I'll give you all an unsolicited, unashamed, selfie that shows just how hard I work in this job (when I'm not driving anyways...lol).

FB_IMG_1579884169520.jpg

Nice pic dude...we have exact same glasses lol.

If you guys didn't know, @Voyager has a YouTube channel for his bus trips (well when he gets them, hopefully the pick up) that I find very enjoyable. Last week he even did a video about new living room furniture!

51 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

when i first read this, i thought it said she had a psoriatic anus :lmao:

and i burst out laughing

No, the anus is prolapsed.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Atomixwx said:

I've been thinking about this post since you posted it. I wish Zack Labe (Blizzard92) was on here more. I feel like this is something he would be able to touch on, as I *believe* he has become something of a climate scientist, if my memory serves me right.

Blizzard92?  It must have been one of those "technical a blizzard but only 2" of snow" blizzards or he lived somewhere else in 92.

It would be interesting to hear some climate theories on why the 60's were so snowy.  Having random snowy years is just random but to have them consecutive like that would suggest something caused it.