• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Stoverseed
    Newest Member
    Stoverseed
Ralph Wiggum

Snow, sleet, ice, and rain Dec 16-17, 2019

WWA for NW Chesco for up to 2" of snow but doubt we see more than mood flakes today. Just a few light flakes currently with a temp at 33.2. WXSIM has never been impressed with this "event" will need to keep an eye on temps this evening to see if any rain that falls freezes later on contact - but WXSIM keeps us above so should be no big deal

1 hour ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

WWA for NW Chesco for up to 2" of snow but doubt we see more than mood flakes today. Just a few light flakes currently with a temp at 33.2. WXSIM has never been impressed with this "event" will need to keep an eye on temps this evening to see if any rain that falls freezes later on contact - but WXSIM keeps us above so should be no big deal

Farther N and the favored Valley areas will be more of a concern. Some of the mesos actually have it cooling back to below freezing overnight in spots. 

28 minutes ago, redbanknjandbigbasslakepa said:

How’s the Mt. Pocono area looking? Up in the higher spots around 1,700. 

I’d say you guys are good for mostly snow from this. 3-6” and some freezing rain tomorrow morning. Models have been trending colder, they even keep Allentown mostly frozen now with a burst of heavy snow at the beginning.

• Like 1

It's currently 5°F warmer than the IMBY forecast from weather.com, wunderground and accuweather. MOS forecast is only a degree cooler with temps never approaching zero today/tomorrow. It was supposed to have been snowing for several hours by now already, but there's pretty much nothing on radar north of the Mason Dixon line. I'd say this forecast is a bust for us. 

Had a few flurries around noon. Feels like snow outside though. I think that's the best we're getting out of this storm down here in lower bucks lol 

• Like 1

Drove through some super light sleet and drizzle from Thorndale to West Chester and back just now. Not much of anything happening... yet? I dunno, NWS backed off our snow total potentials from 2" to <1". I will say, however, regardless of how this all shakes out,  that I'm super glad to be having wintry weather at least.